News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

W116 movies

Started by Bennie, 12 December 2006, 10:11 AM

oscar

Hi Bennie and welcome,

There's two things I hate about those videos. I can't understand them and I can't save them ;)

Then again, I've said it before, you don't really have to know what's being said. The picture says it all.

If anyone knows how to save flv files for FREE so you don't have to keep downloading, please share.
What 116 do you drive Paul. Or should I say how many you got? :)

Nevermind, I just saw your photobucket site.  :o Of course!! You're from the netherlands.  You guys make me jealous. I posted a link to one of your meetings in a different thread. Absolutely stunning. I'm going to have to have a better look though your album but you've got some interesting 6.9's the light green one and the red one with white trim dash and steering wheel. Good to hear from you-
Long live the 350sel.

1973 350SE, my first & fave

AMG69

Another interior for Big R to get excited about!
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Bennie

Hi Oscar,

Yes i'm from the netherlands. Here we also have a w116 club.
I have a 350 SEL from 1976. Just one  ;D ;D

You can see on http://w116.nl/meetings.html more meetings. These are meetings of the beginning until the last one.

The red 6.9 is a special made/design by a company in Belgium. See more photo's on http://homepage.mac.com/bndekker/PhotoAlbum5.html

The light green one was a test car by mercedes says the owner. You can also see a copper tube witch is a fire extinguisher.
Never saw something like that.  ???

To save movies from youtube or other movie sites, you go to http://keepvid.com/.

And to convert it from a .flv to .mpg you download super, see here: http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

Good luck en goodbye.

Paul

oscar

Bennie you legend. Thanks for those links. ;D

The red 6.9 I thought I'd seen before but it was you AMG69 who posted this interior in this thread. Different, but very similar in colour and theme. I love them. here's the two

Red 6.9 from Bennie's link

Black German 6.9 from AMG69's link

I see the red 6.9 has an interesting middle console with cup holders.  The very subject came up not long ago with Michaeld asking the question I think.  It's good to see  some modifications being tried and tested for the rest of us to view.  And that fire extinguisher is a first, in the green one. I don't know what to think of the green. "Unique" comes to mind. Is that black box on the driver's side ABS? It looks different, but maybe I haven't seen enough 6.9 engine bays. :-\

There's some absolutely wonderful photos on your club's site.  The cars, the scenery.  Well done!  Hopefully we hear more about your club down the track.  In Australia I doubt if we could get that many 116's in one spot.  Just too far to drive.  Would you by any chance know how many of each type of w116 are in your club?  Just curious :) and any RHD cars or are they all left? Cheers, Simon.

Bennie

Well the blackbox in the green one is a webasto heater. That is to keep the motor and interior warm for 24 hours in the cold winterdays.
I have also one in my car, but it doesn't work at this time. I'm working on it to get working again.
He (she) has also hydraulic back suspension, and drives on gasoline and lpg (Liquefied Petroleum Gas)

We have about 150 paying club members. I don't know how many of each type we have in the club. I think that there all LHD, and some have the "American look", thick bumpers. The 300SD.

Twice a year we have a meeting and the max distance you drive is 400 km (about 250 miles) that day.
You chat and look and drive that day.

And i understand that something like that not realistic is in Australia.  :-[

On the clubsite we also have a forum and has got a lot of info about the w116 (sorry, it's all in dutch)

Greetings,

Paul

oscar

Bennie, that Super program, is fantastic. Took me a couple of hours to work it all out but I can save and convert videos to just about anything.  Thanks again  :)

150 members, that's fantastic.  Our first Sydney get together on Father's day this year got 4 cars and prior to that Perth got 6 x 6.9's.

The Perth one with 6 x 6.9's
and Kanaroo Valley south of Sydney

All unofficial, everyone had a great day and looking forward to future meets.  For me to get to Sydney I'm looking at a 600km minimum one way.  My fault for moving to the middle of nowhere.  :-[  But I love a long drive in the 350.  But even with so few 116's that day, we still never really got down and dirty with the cars.  I can only imagine with the 30 or so cars you guys get, it would be near impossible to leave the tavern to go and open a single bonnet. :D

I think I've stumbled across your forum before and yes, I have no idea what's going on.  Same as the couple of German sites with 116 forums and the Russians too.  I have wondered what tips and tricks are missed due to the language barriers.