News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

Video Diary of a 6.9 EFI/Blower Project - MUST SEE!

Started by SELfor50, 22 January 2010, 07:22 PM

SELfor50

Ok, if anyone in the states know's this fella - please put me in contact with him.  I'll be trying to get in touch via youtube also.

This fella breaks down most of the stuff he's done for his conversion.  The video jumps a few steps here and there - doesn't show it all.. but the finished product looks like like a weapon!

Motec EFI (Fuel and Spark)
Centrifugal SC
Intercooled via a air/water intercooler, water part is front mount.

Even the effort he's gone to for the air intake is unreal.  He's mounted the air filter at the back of the engine bay, but mentions he'll probably be plumbing it to the door or something.  It's crazy.  Cause he doesn't want it to go through the bonnet.

Very very interesting.  And looks like it's been done 100% properly, how it should be.  Be very interested to find out the final output figures.

1: Link
2: Link
3: Link
4: Link
5: Link

Enjoy!

Cam.

s class

That I believe is Dan Lundblad.  He has two red 6.9's.  He shows up over at M100.cc from time to time. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

oscar

Great find Cam! 

Has he shod that thing with rubber tyres or locomotive wheels, cause the SC makes it sound like a bloody locomotive, especially towards the end of the 5th vid.   Just need a 5 chime horn now 8)

My little project will be nowhere near that advanced sad to say, but what a marvelous job he's done.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

motec6.9

Hi Cam i thought i told you about roadrunners777 when we talked on the phone ron b posted the link on a post i put on m-100.cc on the 7/9/09 and dan replied on that post ps there is a pictuce of a w107 with a 7.2 littre m-100 in it with a awsome intake on the same post ;D
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

SELfor50

I do remember now.. brain fart on my part.
hahah... He's done a bloody great job!!

Thanks Ant! If you can send him a message and ask if you'd be able to forward his contact details onto me. I really need to pick his brain regarding specs etc.. Soo many questions. I do need to join the M100 site/club, but that will have to wait until after Bathurst. Every cent is getting funnelled to getting that ready.

Will have to go and search out that 107 as well.

This type of EFI/Blower setup is exactly the type of kit i'm looking at doing on the 690SE, but i'd like to have specs and parts when I go to an engineering shop and say here ya go... if I go in blind, they'll ping me 20K plus for R&D etc.

Oscar, it's certainly sounding like a bloody freight train.  I think for either of us to get a project to this level, we'd have to spend quite a few bikies on it.  -and then some more.

Cam.

koan

It's an unusual arrangement, the supercharger blowing through the throttle plate as opposed to having the butterfly on the input side of the supercharger.

Is there anything to be gained by doing it this way?

Is it a standard manifold under there?

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

motec6.9

Hi Cam the only person i can think of who would and could do a custom blower install and most importantly do it right is Mark from MWS at York over hear in WA most off the blown cars over hear end up there as when you see dyno days everyone else lose horse power after the first run yet the cars from MWS never varie by more than 1% over 3 runs on the dyno and some of his customer cars are over 1000hp at the rear wheels he gets tunning done at chiptorque in Maddington WA and yes i spoke to Mark last weekend at Motorvation will see whats left in the cookie jar after new motor ;D
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

SELfor50

Quote from: motec6.9 on 27 January 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi Cam the only person i can think of who would and could do a custom blower install and most importantly do it right is Mark from MWS at York over hear in WA most off the blown cars over hear end up there as when you see dyno days everyone else lose horse power after the first run yet the cars from MWS never varie by more than 1% over 3 runs on the dyno and some of his customer cars are over 1000hp at the rear wheels he gets tunning done at chiptorque in Maddington WA and yes i spoke to Mark last weekend at Motorvation will see whats left in the cookie jar after new motor ;D

It's a hard one Geoff.  The thing is, for me to get it done in WA I would see myself going over there and wanting to remain there till it was done.  Which may be possible with work, maybe work remotely for a couple months till it was finished... but other than that, I think the costs would blow out if I was to freight it over there and then freight it back.  Would add 2-3k to the cost yeah?  I have been meaning to go out and see Rick bates to get his thoughts.  I reckon his crew could do the Motec system no probs, and then for blower maybe speak to Mr Pulford.  Way I see it, with a project like that as long as you have the right specs and are prepared to spend the right money - should be done right (touch wood).

Hopefully I'll be able to get in touch with the fella above (Dan?!) and talk specs.  I think at least with his guidance I'll be able to rock up to a shop and say here's the specs, do it like this.  See how it goes.  :-\