News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Do I have a problem??????

Started by Bandolero, 19 December 2006, 05:28 PM

Bandolero

I think I have lost the plot!!!!

I was driving the 6.9 around Adelaide yesterday and raised the suspension just before going to get some tyres.
I pulled up at some traffic lights and noticed that I was stopped in front of a large plate glass shop window that really acted as a good mirror.
Geez, the car looked great!!!
So I "pushed the button" and watched it lower itself, wow, it looked fantastic, I almost got "turned on".
Now I know why I drive a 6.9.

My question is; DO I HAVE TO BE COMMITTED?????
Russell Bond - (Adelaide, South Australia)
1978 450SEL 6.9 .... #5166 .... 12/78 (Sold.) [url="//www.ezycoat.com.au"]www.ezycoat.com.au[/url]

Mforcer

You only have a problem when you point out the reflection to your passengers! ;D
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

robertd

yep, we all have the same problem!
116   1978 450SEL 6.9 #  4848
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 5884
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 6225  SOLD
116   1978 450SEL  6.9 # 5128  SOLD
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 5884  SOLD
116   1974 450SEL  DJet

Bandolero

I got my 280SE back from the crash repairers today. (Hit a roo at low speed.)
All fixed nicely, but because I have been driving the 6.9 for the last 3 weeks, I have been pampered.
Now the 280 feels like "crap" to drive compared to the 6.9.
Will I ever be happy driving the 280 again, mmmm ... I doubt it.
Oh well, I guess I'll get used to it again.
1978 450SEL 6.9 .... #5166 .... 12/78 (Sold.) [url="//www.ezycoat.com.au"]www.ezycoat.com.au[/url]

Des

Sounds like its time to put the 280 in the front yard with "for sale" on it and buy another 6.9

Bandolero

I'd love to but have no money.

I might have to sell my body!!!

chazchuzzlewitt

I think I'm sadder- there's a route I specifically take to work at the weekends in London where I pass a shop with a row of huge, tinted plate glass and I can watch how good the car looks in it as I drive past...  one day I'm gonna hit a Japanese tourist...

Bandolero

"there's a route I specifically take to work at the weekends in London where I pass a shop with a row of huge, tinted plate glass and I can watch how good the car looks in it as I drive past"

Well, there you go, I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!

Brian Crump

Bandolero - are you associated with Ezycoat dog dryers? Can this be true? I have several in my cupboard....
Regards,
Brian
www.banjospitz.com

Bandolero

Ha Ha, Yes, that's me!!!
www.ezycoat.com.au
Do you still use them?, I see you have the German Spitz.

Brian Crump

Do I still use them? Absolutely. They are terrific. I would not use anything else. My God - this world is getting smaller....
Regards,
Brian

Bandolero

Haha, thank you, yes this world is so small.
I have to keep telling myself that when I want to do some "enthusiastic" driving.
I always get caught out by someone.

oscar

I'm glad you brought this topic up Bandolero.  I'm guilty!! :D  My first time came as an accidental, by-chance glance. 

Shop front windows and my 350se's reflection.  Two words: "sleek" and "dangerous". 

It just looks so bloody good, I get disappointed when I run out of shopfronts.  But like chazz, I've been known to detour to a more "reflective" street and I worry about running into something or someone when I'm eyeing off my car at rightangles. Whoever's in the passenger seat gets a nudge and a directive to "look over there!!" You can imagine the disapproving headshakes they give me, even from my 8 yr old son. ;D
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Bandolero

Bloody Hell!!!!....I thought I was bad.
It seems there are people out there that need more help than me!!

Must admit to agreeing with Oscar (and others), I always look at the shop windows, but at least my 10yo son loves the cars as well.
He is more one-eyed than me, if it is not 70's or older, he says they're "crap".

He hates modern cars, loves the 6.9 & also loves the American muscle cars of the 60's and 70's.
I am doomed!!!!!!....He wants a 1964 T-Bird or a 1970 'Cuda for his first car.
Shit, my first car was a 1950 Morris Minor ...side-valve, lo-lite. Now that was crap. My next car was an FJ and I thought that was luxury!

Gpapaniko

Any angle is a good angle for a W116, especially in the SEL.
Never stop loving
1980 280SEL