News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Data card decode for 450sel 6.9

Started by sirmathrocks, 14 October 2023, 07:27 AM

sirmathrocks

Hello folks.. Trying to get a deal done to import this car from Europe. Would appreciate any help in decoding this attached data card.

Thank you in advance!!

daantjie

You will need to request the data card from the MB Classic Centre and they only release that to the registered owner to my knowledge.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

sirmathrocks

I have seen some other posts here where members were able to decode the option list based on the data plate. I was hoping we could do that here as well.

daantjie

That data plate on the rad support is not the complete options list.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

rumb

This will tell you what the codes are. As stated the data plate is only the options that affected the chassis build.  The other option will be on the data card.  Probably easiest way to get one is direct from the Classic Center.

https://www.benzworld.org/attachments/mercedes-benz-option-codes-pdf.2627503/

paint code is 404G
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

andrewk

That is not the data card. The data card is a paper document that includes the production build data and key codes, amongst other things.
1979 450 SEL 6.9 (#5532) - silbergrün metallic

revilla

sirmathrocks

Sorry folks... I meant the data plate.

404 shows up as color brown and this is a blue car and dealer says that the repaint was still in the original color so I am confused.
I also don't read French, German etc so figuring out the documents is hard.

Attaching everything I have on the car including paperwork. Would appreciate it someone can read this paperwork and let me know if the car is in original color etc.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Q4i4-kooVE_9wKhrha_MfkZguRJtkEnd

ptashek

This car is most certainly not in original paint, and there's very obvious signs of it being repainted (could have been many years ago though).

Paint chips in the data plate that have been sprayed over. At least one plastic piece in the bottom left corner of the front valance that should be black, but isn't. Factory paint isn't laid this thick either.

The sills have been repainted. They don't look like this from factory.

Paint code on data plate is 404G - that's Milan Brown indeed. The best W116 colour, too.

If was blue as of 2020 at least, per the TÜV documents.

1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

ramiro

Also the engine bay should have the same color like the outside of the car.

rumb

Paint color change would be a no deal for me. The jack hole photo looks like the inner support might be rusted out and it is begininng to collapse.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

sirmathrocks

Thank you folks. Appreciate all the help. Agree with @rumb that this is a no deal for me. Also was misrepresented... Maybe the dealer does not know.
This forum has been invaluable in my search for my euro 6.9. Thank you again for everyone for your help.

Gpapaniko

You'll know when you will find the right one.  Worth the wait.  Good Luck
Never stop loving
1980 280SEL