News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

What a difference

Started by marku, 11 September 2023, 09:13 AM

marku

I have been looking at these caps for so long and they looked so bad I finally decided to get them plated. Look at them now and what a difference on the car. Did take them once with other things to a plater well known in the classic car world here and they refused to do the die-cast pieces so I walked out. No problem with these platers they will do them. So the car is going to get a makeover.
1974 450SE silver green/bamboo velour/green vinyl roof

adamb

That looks fantastic and so does the engine bay. Mine is an embarassment.

marku

Thanks for that. I stripped it all out when I did the engine but I have still to sort the fuel injection out. It is all taking a very long time. Envy you the daily use though mine was running when I got it and it has all got out of hand.I only meant to tidy up the engine. One day.

jpgcl84

that looks absolutely stunning, congrats!

ptashek

Quote from: marku on 11 September 2023, 09:13 AMI have been looking at these caps for so long and they looked so bad I finally decided to get them plated. Look at them now and what a difference on the car. Did take them once with other things to a plater well known in the classic car world here and they refused to do the die-cast pieces so I walked out. No problem with these platers they will do them. So the car is going to get a makeover.

Can you share details of the platers please?
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

marku

The platers are Nottingham Platers, Vernon Park Trading Estate, Southwark Street, Basford, Nottingham NG4 0DB Phone 0115 9784637. Contact Simon Revelle 0737 6083377

No zinc plating only chrome by the trivalent method against the wider used hexavalent. It is non toxic and apparently has greater scratch resistance. I also think it brighter. They don't plate it but will repolish anodised alumnium to a mirror finish. Very friendly and will have a go at most things.