News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Check these wheels

Started by oscar, 31 October 2007, 07:29 AM

oscar

Not something I'd do but I love seeing what people come up with.  These are both from "lowrida" of the Netherlands club.  Do you reckon the 30inches would throw off the odometer. :D  ;)

Original links - wish I could read the text but there's transformation pics as well.  Well worth a look. No matter what you think of the wheels, they're two w116's in top nic.
http://www.cobrasoft.nl/mycars/280se/index.htm
http://www.cobrasoft.nl/mycars/450sel/index.htm

1973 350SE, my first & fave

alabbasi

The first picture isn't so bad but the second is truly awful.
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

Andrew280SEL

Here's what the 280 one says, I translated using the internet so a few words didn't translate properly...

"Mercedes Benz 280SE (1974) lucks at ongelukje!!Zoals you in restoration report of the Opel Rekord can read I to have started to building my own garage. The restoration occurred at present in my fathers garage, but wants gladly himself to the battle. Therefore beaten to building! During the gone aanhangeren of the sand from my garden the ford Escord of mothers was created by a onverlaat and could for this task be no longer used! Immediately the next morning my father and I have gone in search to a replacing transport. This Mercedes 220D (w123) of 1978th these had to tijdje were stood already quiet at a knowledge of us. There therefore it had and other one to to replace is repaired and for the APK. During this already I have made several km's in 220D. This pleased me this way that I in fact myself wanted will procure also Mercedes to. (and that whereas my motto always rather an ASTRE had been this way said in me windshield then on my grille!!") this way done, I went therefore busy in search of W123 250D. This did not appear however this way 123 if I thought... :o) finding a payable and in reasonable state finding oneself copy was nevertheless something more difficult than I thought!! during the speurtocht on Internet encountered I on a forum an advertisement of an owner of W116 280SE from 1974th these was possible because of health - reasons no longer further go with the hobby and had its Benz sell. After some e-mails back and forth and what photograph is richer, I once will look at at the car. Immediately then I him saw standing was I on battle amorous!!! and it lasted thus no day or the car stood on my name... :o) Mercedes benz 280SE (w116) engine: 2.8 injection, 6 cylinder line with 185pk fuel: LPG - petrol weight: 1668 kilogrammes construction year: 1974 (on kenteken 1975) colour: ivoren Weiss (050G) observed lacks: - village awl has her and of the bobbeltje.th gefixt! - Floor at driver has 2 breaches gefixt! - Plaatdeel between rear lights badly - head brake cylinder is leak gefixt! - Several window and door rubbers have worn out - window mechanism voordeuren twists heavily - several spots with the aspergillum at tipped - automat changed gear what leaves gefixt! For the rest is ride into it a delicious car!! the motortje sapwood smoothly and has exactly 208k on the meter stands. For Benz nothing! Pressing the accelerator goes accompanied by being released rather what pk's!! invite:o) but the car to pleasure of its new little boss!! rather to nice relaxed going on a cruise with a toerental of net above 1500 go for a ride.. By its thirsty character!!!:o/first goeie action have to he have been already proved playing taxi for 7 persons. I came funnily enough then also that there level regulation on!! I zat in the chair with 1 sits leg outside the car and felt him slowly omhoog come along my leg! :o) skilfully during the partisans sand which he must draw will! Interrieur see there also a lot maintain from! Here and there what desiccation phenomena of the sun. But further very netjes! (oeps, was-emmertje stood still) all in all car where I will put gladly what extra km's clock on!!!:o) am gezocht: woman with hotpants or overall with cracks for piquant photograph!!!;o) _ PimpSter _"

And the 450 one...

"After sale of my 280SE I had a winter car have to my mini for pekel and other wintry save unfunny joke. Here and there what around looked at, but I could not real something find what stiekum to the requirements of my previous benzje satisfied. Once luxuriously geproeft and your will not differently more! Therefore nevertheless but decided W116 buy. After a lot km's by the country driving and only ' barrels ' and hopes rust to have seen, I courage up had nevertheless almost given. To this lady my attention drew site on advertisers. Rung, appointment made and there naartoe. After, we agreed a test ride, thorough inspection and hand slap on the nippertje to the price! Whoeiii.. I have my always wanted 450SEL!!!!!: -) Of course still it and an other one must happen. But that belongs to the hobby! _ - Stuurspeling (new house already buy) - Scheurtje in back seat make - LPG build in feather assemble - lekkage side foot remedy) - Middenas-lager speling (lower rubber replace) - right backdoor bad, replace - right voorscherm bad, replace - right achterscherm weld and small damage take away - linker voorscherm deukje remove - bougie's cable replace - new oil filter (incl. automat) - filter replace - new accumulator - dynamo overhaul - Binnenspiegel be gammel, replace - several chrome share replace - right lamp replace - Electrische window for repair - Orginele revolution counter assemble - complete overspuiten the interrieur be in reasonable good state. Behind bank scheurtje only have and what wear spots on the driver chair (not) above: Deukje of park damage? Rusts! Deukje in the wheel edge.. Very bad door Right behind! Rusts! Under the cap it and already tectyl are. It does not see, but it has prevented iig that the rust monster could its pace go! Except then at the voorscherm, but that has probably from the inside come! Above: head lamp meanwhile replaces. Left: file Damage V8 the revolution counter in-built km-teller have been moreover tested and arranged were! ; -) Immediately staff involved to give a thorough turnturn turn to the car once!

But yes, I also don't mind the first one...but the second is...where's the spew smiley? ;)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

Martin 280s

Are they real cars? They look like photoshop images, especially the bottom photo. F...ugly to say the least!

Des

Quote from: Martin 280s on 31 October 2007, 05:39 PM
Are they real cars? They look like photoshop images, especially the bottom photo. F...ugly to say the least!

I was thinking that as well, photoshopped

first car doesn't look half bad, but 30" wheels, how big would the tyres be?
half inch tall tyres?

500eguy

i am pretty sure they are photo shop pics, interesting nonetheless.

huck280

The second is definitely photoshopped. Just where are those wheels sposed to turn!?

Lowrida

Hi all

By accident this page came up in google, looking for my website's visability..
I find it quit amusing that people speculating about my 'photoshops'! ;)
They are indeed photoshops. I don't think the 30inch can be fitted withoud
cutting the venders!!  ;D
This is the original picture -> http://www.cobrasoft.nl/mycars/450sel/30inch.jpg

My english is not so good, but these translations made me laugh a lot!  :D

At this time both w116's are sold and now i'm driving a 68 Chrysler Newyorker
for daily drive. It's a bit more V8 ;)  www.cobrasoft.nl/mycars/chryslernewyorker
When the time is right, there will be a W116 on my driveway again!!
But only the 6.9

Greetings
Lowrida

oscar

Hi lowrida, thanks for chipping in.  I suppose the 450 looked a bit obvious with a couple of lighting issues on the tyres but it was still a bloody good photoshop.  The first one had me completely fooled, I thought they were real.  The link to the 280 though, that looked like one exceptional w116 and a stunning transformation of the 450sel as well, congratulations.

As for the Chrysler, I just love the big US coupes.  Your's looks imaculate.  Nice burnouts too ;D

Lowrida

Thank you! :bow:

They both gave me a big pleasure to drive! But as i know myself, it couldn't be for long..
I like cars and like to switch a lot. I also restaurated a classic Mini Cooper, VW Golf MK1
and an Opel Rekord B Coupe.. its al in dutch language, but pictures say more than 1000 words! ;)

For some of my photoshops, you can look at this page!  8)   (some are good, some are bad)

oscar

I take my hat off to you Lowrida.  8) especially for the the Opel and Mini.  Amazing work!

wonwon6

Lowrida that was a blast!! ;D I'm lovin' that 280se "bee wee" you rock!