News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mechanicals / which way to go?.....Air condi...
Last post by BMA - Today at 01:40 AM
Hi Guys, I am very confused which way to go to convert my empty R12 system to R134a?
System is empty for many years.
Replacement refrigerant R 413a is hardly available anymore here in Germany, so R134a seems the way to go.
(Of curse the first test will be to put overpressure into the system to check if its leakproof.)

Some change almost everything, including a new compressor which works with R134a (or put new O-rings into the compressor), other expansion valve, all gaskets and what so ever, .....probably even new tyres :-)...... Other just changed the dryer, pressure switch and some gaskets and did NOT change the oil!....So just added some PAG oil. That's the way I planned as well but I read Nightmare stories that the old R12 organic oil does not work with the R134a (PAG Esther) oil. I have a Delco compressor, model no.1131236 in my 1979 6.9 (manual climate system, no automatic AC).

Would be happy about getting the ultimate efficient advice from people with experience in that field which way to go?

Many Thanks in advance,

Björn

PS: That I need also the R134a fill in adaptors is clear.
Test Drive / Re: 6.9 driving musings
Last post by Randys01 - Yesterday at 10:03 PM
I find the throttle a bit trigger happy to begin with but generally linear inasmuch as there is a direct correlation between the throttle and linkage. ie it is not electronically manipulated like modern cars.
Mechanicals / Re: Reving up and down at idle
Last post by Randys01 - Yesterday at 07:09 PM
For a start have a look at the a/con vacuum advance  compensator which is on the firewall engine side . It is an electric solenoid connected to the distributor.
Mechanicals / Reving up and down at idle
Last post by jackbof - Yesterday at 04:30 PM
Hi all,

I have a 1975 350SE and it will idle nice and smooth when I start it but as soon as I touch the fan AC fan speed control ever so slightly it will start to rev up and down continuously. If I turn the fan off and fiddle around with the controls a bit it will return to a smooth idle. Sometimes while driving it will just do it randomly at idle but its smooth when throttle is open.
Any ideas on what might be causing this?
Thanks
Last post by ramiro - Yesterday at 04:09 PM
ok maybe i should check my linkage again, but sometimes i think that it feels like that on purpose to make it easier to drive the car slow.
Mechanicals / Re: hydro line mystery
Last post by ramiro - Yesterday at 04:07 PM
It is section 32 , there is just a change for the front strut line mentioned but think that maybe the rear line had this change done from the start.
Mechanicals / Re: hydro line mystery
Last post by daantjie - Yesterday at 09:51 AM
Interesting for sure.  Can you maybe post the section of the WIS here?  There must have been a break in production I guess whereafter the change was made.
Last post by daantjie - Yesterday at 09:04 AM
My throttle feel is actually stiffer at take off and gets progressively lighter.
Mechanicals / Re: Running issues
Last post by Jm4635 - Yesterday at 05:43 AM
Thanks a lot, I will try all the above and keep the post updated 🤙🤙
Mechanicals / Re: Running issues
Last post by revilla - Yesterday at 05:38 AM
Hi,
You might be referring to the mixture screw. However, sounds by your description you unscrewed (flush) rather the screw that covers the real mixture screw (allen hex 3mm). There's a visible cover screw (flat) and inside a "hidden" hex screw which is the real mixture adjust.
It sounds your mixture if off, agree. As mentioned above adjust that screw carefully by 1/4 turns each time.
CW richer mixture
ACW leaner
Good luck.