News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mechanicals / Re: OM617 Low Speed Stalling?
Last post by amilio - Today at 10:04 AM
Wanted to update this topic as my mechanic finally seemed to fix the issue; the throttle was too low and that was causing startup issues and other problems. Guessing they adjusted the linkage as my throttle speed adjust doesn't work. Just glad to have her starting up smooth again!
Mechanicals / Re: Window regulator for passe...
Last post by rumb - Yesterday at 06:32 PM
I have not had to deal with the doors you have to drill holes.  I usually wind window about half way down, unbolt regulator and disconnect bar from bottom of glass, shove glass up and regulator out of the door hole.  Note that the 3 screws holding the motor to reg are not the same length. Be sure to put back same or the longer bolt will hit things and make it not work.
Mechanicals / Re: Becker Mexico Cassette '77...
Last post by Alex - Yesterday at 06:26 PM
Quote from: Max-NL on Yesterday at 05:49 AMVolume should be controlled through the radio, as the accessories which used that connection (external cassette player, trafic decoder) do not have volume control. This is handled via the radio.

Yeah can confirm through a second source that this is the case, so that's good.

--------------------------------------------

Quote from: nathan on Yesterday at 08:44 AMbefore any solutions were available, I decided to devise the most complicated way humanly possible to have bluetooth and hands free powered by my Becker. behold!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSOtJ-sal5E&t=9s

That's you!?!?

I saw that in my research. Fantastic job mate. My soldering skills are still, ok- at best.
I may try the off-the-shelf solution and report back.
Last post by nathan - Yesterday at 08:44 AM
before any solutions were available, I decided to devise the most complicated way humanly possible to have bluetooth and hands free powered by my Becker. behold!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSOtJ-sal5E&t=9s
Last post by Max-NL - Yesterday at 05:49 AM
Volume should be controlled through the radio, as the accessories which used that connection (external cassette player, trafic decoder) do not have volume control. This is handled via the radio.
Last post by Alex - 05 May 2024, 06:14 PM
Welcome gents, I have since received a reply from the owner of the company roughly explaining the device. (For the Becker Mexico Cassette - It may be different for a Europa or other systems.)

Here is the purchase link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265827133506?itmmeta=01HWZHKTV7NSHSTAX7VRM9PYPY&hash=item3de4882842:g:v9MAAOSw~dZhnXnK

So this one should plug into the rear "Din" port for control, the radio functions as normal until sound is played through bluetooth.

As far as I'm concerned it works through a relay, which switches off when your phone disconnects or the volume is down.

I am still contacting the guy to find out whether or not the volume is controlled through the original volume knob or the phone.

Shall update when I find out.
Mechanicals / Re: Window regulator for passe...
Last post by chuckywoody - 05 May 2024, 05:30 PM
Hello - 1977 450 SEL - trying to remove the right front (passenger) side window regulator.  Read that you have to remove the motor first to get it past the window rail and if there aren't access holes, you have to drill them.  No access holes on mine, and this does not seem very MB engineering to have to drill holes.  How did they get it in there in the first place?  Maybe they install the window and guide rails after?  Thought this would be fairly straightforward but I'm stuck. Any help appreciated.
Shop / Manuasls FS
Last post by rumb - 05 May 2024, 12:10 PM
Mechanicals / 450sel mystery ignition wire
Last post by sbetts - 04 May 2024, 02:23 PM
Hello again,

I'm currently going through my ignition system and found the green and red wires coming from the resistor and SI standard switch gear, to a cable connector, and then to below the distributor where it ends on a donut looking coupler that is disconnected. Where is this supposed to go? What does it do?
Test Drive / Re: Finally! A proper license...
Last post by rumb - 04 May 2024, 12:23 PM
Colorado you owned the plate and could transfer to a different car. They recently stopped that and you cannot transfer plates to a different vehicle now.

I have a low number plate (LU-115) that I have had since 1972 that has been on several of my cars and is now on my 300se. The plate number format is that LU was the starting letters for my county.  Back when you got new plates every year the county commissioners would get numbers 1-5 or so. After they went thru all those numbers the next letters were LV-x.  1972 my buddy and I stood in line at 4:30 am to get the last issue of yearly plates.  He got LU-110 and I got LU-115. I still see a few other cars in town with the LU plates!

Another cool plate is YOM - year of manufacture.  You get a regular plate and then a vintage one, and the state ties the 2 together in their records.  You have to keep the new plate in the car, and the 1928 plate is on the rear of my Model A.  There is a year limit for this option.