News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Some people try too hard

Started by Des, 12 March 2007, 03:55 AM

Des

Some people just make you shake your head and wonder, I was driving today behind a black VS or VR commodore (basically look the same to me) and it didn't have the rear bumper on the car, thought it was odd as, other than that the car looked in good condition, nice black paint work. Then it dawned on me why, the exhaust was so big, it was like one of those big 5kg tins of coffee you buy with like a 3 or 4 inch pipe coming out of the back of it. it was so big the back bumper wouldn't have fitted back on.
The thing didn't even seem that fast or hotted up, like he had to really rev it up to get the thing to move at all, must have had something done to the stall converter in the gearbox. Fortunately my 6.9 made quick work of him and he was soon out of the way.

:D

Well that's my excitement for the day.

Des

BWM's have lost any respect they used to have with me, so many of them about, just as common as a falcon taxi, idiot drivers, use them as a status symbol to show they can obtain vehicle credit and own a small percentage of the car themselves. Always the same cars too 318's, 323cs's, rarely do I see a 5 or 7 series.

Andrew280SEL

I apologize if this is slightly off topic...

But what is it with people when they see the Mercedes badge?

I could be doing 110 to 120 kms, and some guy or gal will just HAVE to overtake simply because its a mercedes! no matter what they are driving, corolla, commodore etc.

I have no intention of proving anything, but i guess they do.
Thats my rant for the night! ;D
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

oscar

My opinion, let em go. 

Unless you got a 6.9, I recommend you blow the %$#@ers away in honour of the w116 crowd ;D  Cheers Pat!!

But generally, it's not worth getting into a tussle of I'm staying up front and have them spoil your day.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Des

Quote from: Andrew280SEL on 13 March 2007, 07:13 AM
I apologize if this is slightly off topic...

But what is it with people when they see the Mercedes badge?

I could be doing 110 to 120 kms, and some guy or gal will just HAVE to overtake simply because its a mercedes! no matter what they are driving, corolla, commodore etc.

I have no intention of proving anything, but i guess they do.
Thats my rant for the night! ;D

mate I get the same experiences, driving along at the speed limit, some idiot just has to speed up, overtake me then slow down, so intern make me go slower than what I was.
Other thing I have been getting lately is people pulling out in front of you, so you have to get on the anchors hard and slow up. I used to have a lot more respect for other road users, I still respect people who show it to me, such things as dipping my lights if they do, otherwise bugger them, leave my lights on high beam, I will generally let people pull out of side streets on busy roads if they look like the type that would do it to me. this does not include the crappy VB/VC commodores driving around in paint primer and mag wheels. I have started to even pay games with people, they pull out in front of me, on with the headlights, slowly move from one side of their car to the other, annoying them with my lights.

Sounds immature? probably, I need to find some amusement with them

other than that they are ignorant peasants who clearly don't know any better.

robgee

I believe one word sums up the people such as the type you witnessed today.

"tossers"

There are NO shortage of these on the roads.

It may have something to do with the "look at me factor"

Ever wondered why, you walk into a gym, notice these killer looking girls from behind, and get the shock of your life when they turn around... Yes, most of them have heads like half chewed vegetarian pasties - some people need SOMETHING to get attention . . . Anything will do.... A killer body, or for the car a big exhaust and other stupid mods...etc
[/quote]

I was reffering to your penchant regarding pastry The Pillsbury Dough Boy is probably more familiar to our US members Pillsbury is a large international manufacture of pastry products and is now part of General Mills Corp.

HERE HE IS THE LITTLE SCAMP.

robgee

hey that's what I get for being so old Grasshopper
WHEN YOU CAN SNATCH THE KEYS TO THE GOLDEN W116 KEYRING IT WILL BE TIME TO LEAVE THIS PLACE.
Confucius Say.
Man who walk side ways through airport turnstile
Going to bangkok. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rob

Brian Crump

[/quote]
Confucius say:
Man who goes to bed with hardon, wakes up with solution in hand
[/quote]
Is that like Hardon Karmon?
BC

robgee

No Brian its like when we get to old its like COME ON HARDON.

oscar

1973 350SE, my first & fave