News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

What a about a Melbourne get together...

Started by koan, 06 November 2007, 07:35 AM

koan

Is it possible that we Melbourne or indeed Victorian owners could motivate ourselves sufficiently to have a Christmas get together?

Nothing flash, a few drinks and a meal (optional) at a pub, or someone may care to suggest an exciting alternative.

koan

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

oscar

Can I suggest Echuca so I don't have to drive so far ;D

It's about time you guys had a casual GTG.  Melb is a tad closer compared to Syd for me, but if it goes ahead, I'll do my darndest to get down there.  (If you accept foreigners, interstaters I meant) ;)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

Oh Dear - I have 5000 cousins in Echuca - as well as other family members.  :-[ If you happened to meet there between Xmas and New year I might be able to attend.  ;D
Regards,
BC

SELfor50

Get crackin and plan a date - and i should be sweet to make an appearance in the ghetto as well! :D ;)
Still got some virgin blue credits from a cancelled trip earlier in the year.

Brian Crump

So NSW meets up in Victoria?
How about you Victorians get behind Koan and sign up for a drive day/BBQ/P$%% up or whatever?
The meets we have had up here are laid back and damned good fun.
I thought Melbourne was the party capital of Australia?  :o
Regards,
BC

Mforcer

Rae and I may be visiting Melbourne in a couple of weeks and there may be a chance we could participate in a meet somewhere in the CBD... although nothing certain yet.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

SELfor50

Ian, were you at hombre??

You down for a Melbs pi$$ up??  I'll head down for a weekend sometime in December after the weekend of the 8/9th.

I reckon we all hit the Elephant & Wheelbarrow for a few pints!

borbstyle

It's sounds to me like "Eastern Oz in get-together in Vic" would be a more appropriate title judging by the current interest :)

I'm definitely keen on joining-in if the timing works out.. At the moment my calendars pretty quite so I'll almost definitely go if it happens..
As far as the meeting-place.. I would be keen on meeting practically anywhere in Vic.. Always love to take my forever on-going project for a bit of a cruise. But don't ask me for a suggestion, I'll end up thinking of something by next Christmas.

Cam.. Which Elephant & Wheelbarrow were you suggesting? St. Kilda or Bourke St?

SELfor50

Bourke St mate.

Anyone able to suggest a date??  Looking at the calendar, for me it might not be possible till December 27th / 28th.  I'll only be down for a day or 2, so see how it goes.

You melbourne peeps tee up a date and i'll try make it!

Cam.

borbstyle

Anyone going to chime in?? I'm a Melbournesian, but I really don't have any preference for dates as my schedule is pretty free at the moment. I'm happy with 27th/28th.. Any other Melbournesians interested?

johnj

If I am not working I will be there
   any time is o/k by me
                                johnj

carl888

Sounds like a great idea and being a Melbourne resident, I'm up for it.  We could just plan a simple gathering like a lunch or dinner, or even a lunch run somewhere in the 116's.  I am happy to organise something if you wish.

Regards,

Carl.

carl888

BUMP  ;D

What about we meet in Melbourne one morning, then head off to Robertd's place to see the W116 museum?  He's about 1 1/2 hours from Melbourne on the Bellarine Peninsula.

Be nice to time it with OBH travelling to Melbourne.

Regards,

carl.

robertd

116   1978 450SEL 6.9 #  4848
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 5884
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 6225  SOLD
116   1978 450SEL  6.9 # 5128  SOLD
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 5884  SOLD
116   1974 450SEL  DJet

OzBenzHead

That sounds like a good plan.  I could double up and visit a mate in Geelong on the same trip.

I'll be in Melb from 31 March for about a fortnight.
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]