Started by SELfor50, 12 November 2007, 05:45 AM

Andrew280SEL

I'm still laughing at that last word.... ;D
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

OzBenzHead

Don't get too enamoured of it, Andrew.

A former b/f of mine love to spoonerise, and was always practising some smart-alec thing to say.

Then, one day as he was driving his smokey old Beetle around Adelaide, he was pulled over by a copper.

Too eager to please, and putting mouth into gear before engaging brain, Marcus leapt out of the car and greeted the copper with:

"Good afternoonstable c... ".

VERY large fine - and VW grounded as terminally unroadworthy!   ;D ;D ;D ;D
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

116Benz

Quote from: OzBenzHead on 27 November 2007, 06:19 AM
Don't get too enamoured of it, Andrew.

A former b/f of mine love to spoonerise, and was always practising some smart-alec thing to say.

Then, one day as he was driving his smokey old Beetle around Adelaide, he was pulled over by a copper.

Too eager to please, and putting mouth into gear before engaging brain, Marcus leapt out of the car and greeted the copper with:

"Good afternoonstable c... ".

VERY large fine - and VW grounded as terminally unroadworthy!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

PMSL....cant really blame that on tourettes can you....

SELfor50

I've been granted what appears to be a 'provisional' approval to print some stickers.

There's shyte all $$$ outlay so it's not really a major issue.  Obviously i'm not gonna be profiteering off these so i'd assume there's no issue there.

Like I said, if we can nut out 2 designs - i'll get the print done and we can see how they come out.

admin

I wouldn't get too excited about this sticker..

ADMIN obviously doesn't approve (deafening silence from that end)  ::)

::)

Posting a topic with a question for Admin is NOT the way to get Admin's attention. No one should assume Admin is reading any topic, let alone every topic. ::)

Admin has responded in the positive to a PM on this subject. Admin likes the work done to date and will be interested in obtaining some stickers too. Admin wants to see what ideas others can come up with.

SELfor50

Ok... back to the top.

I have actually organised to speak to the printer in the coming weeks, as I'll be having quite a few stickers printed up in vinyl so that I can plaster my car for it's 1st event.

Y'all decide on a definitive / final design and i'll get them made.

Cam. :)

OzBenzHead

I'm perfectly happy for others to make up the file for the sticker printer; if I remember correctly, the layout was originally Cam / SELfor50's - I just changed the fonts for something plainer and easier to read at a distance and in smaller sizes.

However, whether Cam, or I, or someone else produces the print file for the printer, that person will need to know the following details, some of which depend entirely upon the printer's own technical requirements.

Some of the following specs will probably make sense only to a printer.

* Desired final size in mm (i.e. trimmed, ready for placing on car).

* Bleed marks required? (Additional to crop marks which obviously will be required.)  If bleed marks, how much bleed required?

* Crop marks: traditional corner-only crosshair marks or full perimeter border.

* Required file type, e.g. tif, jpg, png, pdf ... etc.

* File resolution in dpi (dots per inch); 300 is common and perhaps adequate to our purpose, but any resolution from 150 dpi(likely absolute minimum) to 2400 dpi is possible (beyond 2400 the file size gets ridiculous and therefore harder to transmit).

* Colour of text (defined - if other than white - preferably in Pantone or similar colour-model style).

* Background (as I understand, it is to be clear, but I could be wrong or that could change): if coloured - other than clear or black - defined as Pantone etc. - and how does the printer need it presented in the print file: white, black, clear ... ?

* Text colour: does the printer require it in its desired finished colour, or as black (or other)?

NOTE: Mustn't forget to convert all text to vectors / outlines before finalising the file for delivery to the printer, otherwise the fonts could go awol (if, e.g. the printer doesn't have them resident on his machinery) and not turn out how required.

I think that should cover it for a trouble-free run.
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

SELfor50

Thanks for that Gordon.

I got no idea about any of the above.  I'll be talking to the printer later this week and finding out exactly what's required....but i'd assume the requirements are same as above.

Mavric's already mailed me the sizes he wants for the front windscreen of Team 116 - Car 2.

Everyone else drop your suggestions etc here, and I don't mind who makes the file for the printer, I don't have the skills - so nominations open!

SELfor50

Got 1 done for the track car....

Thoughts?

nathan

that is the funniest shit i have seen in a long time...laughing my flippin head off.
good work - no one will be able to miss that one!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

TJ 450

1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

oscar

1973 350SE, my first & fave

wonwon6

...and the w116.orgy just keeps on rollin'  8) hey is that a blue dash mat i see in that fine motor car pictured  ??? Gollum would really like one of those for a little extra protection from this killer Tassie sun. where did it come from?, i can only find them in black

SELfor50

Word peoples...  ;D  ;)

If anyone wants a print done, let me know.  I'll be looking at getting smaller ones done in the coming weeks.

Mate, if you want that one - make me an offer and it's yours.  It came with the car, and is still in great nic.  Don't know where to get them new.

Cam. :)

wonwon6

how about a hip flask bottle of fine single malt whisky + postage ::)