Community > The ORG

W116 movie appearance

(1/3) > >>

beagle2022:
Just got home from the new movie "Chef".  Not surprisingly it is about a chef.  However, the main character drives a beautiful US spec w116.  You never see the model designation, but it is a lovely metallic green long wheelbase in great shape with bunt wheels and perfect black interior.  The movie is a complete chick-flick: divorced couple remarry to delight of cute 10 year old son etc.  However the car makes several appearances and maintains a stoic silence the whole time. One (three pointed) star.

Martin 280s:
In the recent Richard Gere film, Arbitrage, his 'bit on the side' drives a W116. Unfortunately, it is destroyed in a crash.

nathan:
i was watching Munich with Eric Bana (australian croat!) last night and one of the guys who gets blown up has his family chauffeured around in a black 116...rocky IV and condorman from memory also had good 116 roles.

Beastie:
I've seen that Arbitrage and was pleasantly surprised when the W116 showed up. Shame it was wrecked but at least it got a nice prominent role.

I'm surprised I don't remember seeing one in Munich. That was a good flick.

In the Dirty Harry movie 'The Dead Pool' a silver W116 is blown to pieces by one of the little remote control cars with a bomb attached. I think that might have been the worst Dirty Harry movie of them all... They show a mint 450SEL and then it cuts to a gutted 280SEL for the explosion.

There's also a nice silver-green W116 in that 'Bend It' movie about 'Beckham', briefly.

I'll give this Chef movie a go.

polymathman:
The Showtime series "The Americans" has had a 116 in just about every episode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version