The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

w116 40th next year?

Started by gf, 15 December 2011, 05:32 PM

gf

Any one got anything planned?

Big_Richard

Martin 280s

I turned 40 this year, I can't explain why but I suddenly felt old  :(. I'm getting over that feeeling but once in a while I look in the mirror and think,"Where has all this grey hair come from!" On the other hand, Lady Genevieve turned 36 this year, her build date is 12/11/1975 and she still looks fresh!

Big_Richard

Martin 280s

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 16 December 2011, 04:53 AM
my hair is 50% gray, I'm going to dye it when i go over east at christmas  8)

Best leave it the way it is....ladies say it's charming! I used to work with a man who would go from silvery grey to jet black overnight, it was a bit disturbing to see!

Big_Richard

calvin streeting

Want a quick way to dy your hair.. simply remove the sump bolt and place head in oil..... :) ... but back to cars, wonder who has the oldest one mine is a 1976 version

Big_Richard

adamb

I used to have a 73 280SE serial number 15172. Never seen a 72 car. Would like to have one in the UK as there £210 less tax to pay per annum between 72 and 73.

jbrasile

MT,

Since you and TJ are now certified painters... don't forget to use the right grade aircraft paint stripper to remove the original paint on your hair and make sure it is repainted using Glasurit paint in the original factory color!!! Clear coat is  optional.... Hehehehe.... just couldn't resist....

Tks,

Joe

gf

Ive never seen a 72 w116 before, they all seem to look like a w109, guessing production started late in the year. Always thought major tom was someone old enough to use a walking frame! when i turned 30 last year the receding hair line was shaved off for good!!!!! i feel 20 now you should try it.  But ever since im always getting pulled over by the cops. they even stare at me in the bakery.

Big_Richard

1980sdga

Mine's a youngster  8)  12/79... I wonder when the last one rolled off the line?

Delo 400 15W40 with a couple thousand miles of diesel soot makes great hair dye.

And hand dye.

And head dye...

;D

Big_Richard

oscar

There's definitely a couple of 72 builds on the forum but can't remember who.

When's the official b'day, sept? Would be nice to maybe do a commemorative badge. I quite liked stork's tribute badge but afaik noone's heard from him for ages now.

A few GTGs around the globe would be good to.  No regional GTGs, one per country, eg, All aussies to meet in the middle, GTG at Ayers Rock  ;D
1973 350SE, my first & fave