News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Sydney to Sutton Drive Day

Started by Brian Crump, 09 October 2007, 05:22 PM

torana68

well rules change :
Classes for the "Motorkhana Series 2007" shall be,
Class A;   production cars   up to       2300mm, wheel base, 2wd
Class B;   production cars   2301mm   2575mm, wheel base, 2wd-EOD.
Class C;   production cars   2301mm   2575mm, wheel base, 2wd-EAD
Class D;   production cars   over      2575mm, wheel base, 2wd
Class F;   specials + 4wd      
Class J;   juniors   
Class F has a handicap attached, there used to be some scoring difference for the longer cars, you would have to check with the organisers.... but its all about length!!!
Roger

SELfor50

Hahaaa... yeah lifting the right foot will do wonders for traction! ;D
Since Sunday i've also been practicing left foot braking while keeping a little gas going and with the revs kept up and not so much gas i seem to be moving much quicker through corners.
Though i'm not going over the speed limit, of course. ::)

If the mkhana is all bout length then i'll win without even getting into my car! :D ;)

Seriously though, sounds good - can you hit me with a link??
That's on dirt right? If so, then i'm all over it - I can slap me down some perfect drift / flick action on loose ground. 8)

13B

Motorkhana is going to be something else with the 116 pullout-of-the-dash handbrake!

I tried competing with an XD Falc with a similar pull-out-from-under-the-dash handbrake and, well, the less said the better..

Use a lead right foot and leave it in 1st and you should be right Cam.

I.
450SEL 6.9 #5440 = V MB 690 , 450SE # 43094 = 02010 H , 190E/turbo # 31548 = AOH 68K

oscar

Cam, I reckon left foot braking is a must.  I do it all the time for work and play but particularly at work, I ride the brakes independantly of the accelerator and revs are always up.  It's hard to explain, you just gotta get used to it and have the left foot covering the brake pedal at all times and you'll loose that lag between accelerator-brake-accelerator. I've been doing it for about 12yrs after seeing race drivers do it.  Much easier in an auto too, I think your cornering times will drop.

With too much application whilst accelerating I think our standard brakes get soft, loose grip, whatever the right terminology is.  That's what I've noticed during hooning ::) but I'm sure the hillclimb track being short enough wont cause any issue.

It'd be interesting to get a seasoned pro driver into the 450sel and see what times they could do and see how they do it.  On the other hand, it may also be a little deflating if they perform too well.  Would kinda ruin the fun.

1973 350SE, my first & fave