News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Sydney to Sutton Drive Day

Started by Brian Crump, 09 October 2007, 05:22 PM

SELfor50

Ok... Where the Big Blue 23 is you need to turn off the federal highway onto Sutton road.
Heading towards "Kowen Forest". (Which is south on the map)

So if you're coming from sydney you turn left onto federal highway.

Oscar i'm assuming you'll be coming from the Barton highway so you'll be turning right onto sutton rd.

The track is pretty much right at the end on the Right.  So just before you get to pialligo & yass rd. (You'll see these if you zoom in at "Kowen Forest")
It's marked SDMA Hillclimb track.
Just to confuse things, right before it you'll see another driver training centre / track.  That's NOT it!  ;D ;D

Any further instructions required?

Map Link

Map Link 2

torana68

Hi all,
Back home again.... need to mention the Canberra swap is on tomorrow
as well , starts at 0700 at the Canberra show grounds aka NATEX, if your
coming from Sydney just go straight and its on the right not long after
you reach Canberra (second petrol station in is the rough location). from
there you can back track to the Sutton road turn off or do a loop past the
war memorial and airport to the other end of Sutton rd.
Roger

oscar

I'm still comin'.  Camera's are charged.  The weather I'm prediciting is going to be great all day. ie Clear in the morning and hopefully some ripper storms all the way home ;D ;D I like me storms. 

No idea when we'll get there still but we'll be there.   ;) 
1973 350SE, my first & fave

torana68

Hi,
Photos from today are here:
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j291/torana68/Hilclimb%20canberra%2028%20Oct/?start=0

couldnt stay long but looked like a good day was being had by all.
Roger

Michel

Quote from: torana68 on 27 October 2007, 10:12 PM
Hi, Photos from today are here:
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j291/torana68/Hilclimb%20canberra%2028%20Oct/?start=0
couldnt stay long but looked like a good day was being had by all.
Roger

Thanks Roger,

I took the liberty of putting two pics (the ones of our boy) directly here

Go Cam Go.....  ;D

SELfor50

Thanks for crankin the pics Rog!!  And thanks for showing up! ;)

Was a really good day!  Will post results, analysis and video in the next couple days.
[watch this space (which will appear in an entirely different thread)] :D

Big thanks to BC and his krew for making the trek as well!  Support was much appreciated!!! ;)

Oscar, much props for the trek you made - you can always count on Mr Murphy to step in on occasion...  ;)

I wonder if M.O.T.S made an appearance at all? ???

Cam. 8)

Brian Crump

CONGRATS CAM M8!!
You gotta see that boy to believe his talent!!! He drew lots of admiration from the crowd for his ability to throw a heavy car around a difficult track recording times almost as good as the leaders. Cam has talent and remember he's one of us.
Smoking tyres, a few side drifts and that 2 tonne beast was growlin' like a tiger. Top day out Cam for us spectators. Hopefully we can get some more down to support yr next efforts.
Pics to follow later.
Regards,
BC

SELfor50

Quote from: Brian Crump on 28 October 2007, 03:37 AM
CONGRATS CAM M8!!
You gotta see that boy to believe his talent!!! He drew lots of admiration from the crowd for his ability to throw a heavy car around a difficult track recording times almost as good as the leaders. Cam has talent and remember he's one of us.
Smoking tyres, a few side drifts and that 2 tonne beast was growlin' like a tiger. Top day out Cam for us spectators. Hopefully we can get some more down to support yr next efforts.
Pics to follow later.
Regards,
BC

2 Words mate.
Word Brother, Word.... ;) :)

Quote from: Michel on 28 October 2007, 03:41 AM
Indeed Congratulations Cam,

I'm sorry I coudn't be there with you, but I am still at work preparing for a presentation to take with me to the US on Tuesday.

Hopefully next time

No stress brother, i'm still dying to hear this business venture!!!  Sounds like is gonna be a good'ne! ;)
There'll be plenty more events to come!

Quote from: MOTS on 28 October 2007, 03:43 AM
I Hope So.  8)

And Not Just in Spirit   ;D

So let me get this straight...  You were there "In Spirit" M.O.T.S and Mr Crump made the trek in the Silver Spirit...
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I dunno... ::)

:)

Andrew280SEL

Well done Cam!! 8)

Good on you for the having the guts to do this, and your even taking a true original W116 around the track!

Congrats mate. :)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

oscar

:(  So sorry guys.  Roger, excellent pics thank you.  BC, I also got yours too thanks.

We just got back home.  What can I say -  it rained all the way to Yass, it was a novelty to use the windscreen wipers for four hours non stop.  We got to about 50-60km away from the track before Cam was about to take his last run.  After Yass we ended up in Bowral to meet my folks and sister.  Did just over a 1000km all up.  But the armageddon storms on the way back through Temora and Narrandera made up for not seeing you race Cam.  Well sort of.  If I planned the day a bit better we could've seen the fireworks as well as the racing.

Anyway, we'll try again.   ;)

EDIT:  How could I forget,  - How did you go? Did you beat your old times? Did you beat those commodores  ;D

SELfor50

Thanks for the support y'all!!

Oscar, don't stress mate - we copped the full grunt of the storm at bout 8pm last night and boy was it a cracker!
There will be more events, don't worry bout that.  ;D

I'll post up results etc over the next couple days as they are available on the SDMA site and when i have the vids up.

Re: the commonwhores - there were no VB's this time, but i did smash a 3.3L VH commonwhore!  10secs...
Also smashed an XF - Fraud Falcon.  :D

Results coming soon to a thread near you... ;)

oscar

Some more pics from Brian. 

Did you end up taking the rear bumpers off too Cam and more importantly, did you notice a difference?

I love that first photo, looks like von commandant is being pushed to the limit.  :)  Gives a better perspective of the slope there too. 

SELfor50

Hahaha......

Nice pics Mr Crump!!  Very nice!!

Oscar:  For that run where i had the front bumpers off, the back were also off.  Un-fortunately i ran a second slower as it had started spitting rain and I could not get ANY traction anywhere.  Probably also had something to do with my heavy right foot.
It definately felt lighter and i reached a higher top speed up the hill.  I just f*kd up more corner's than i would've liked, which added a second to my time.

Mercules:  They say smoking is bad for your health, but don't bother me - it's genetic! ;D ;D ;)

I can definately say though, the badge on the grill added at least 8KW! :D

torana68

Cam,
Whilst waiting for an LSD (or CIG Locker) practice lifting the right foot now and then, works wonders for traction. Also there is a motorkhana on the 18th/11  next to the Hilclimb track, and you get bonus points for length last time I looked..... ;D
Roger

CraigS

At the risk of getting of getting a rap over the knuckles from MOM, what do you mean by this ?

Quote from: torana68 on 30 October 2007, 01:33 AM
and you get bonus points for length last time I looked.....

[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]