News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Sydney Drive Day 22nd July 2007

Started by Brian Crump, 30 June 2007, 09:36 PM

Brian Crump

The drive to Bowral for lunch will be on Sunday 22nd July 2007.
The aim is to drive down - have lunch - meet all the new members - have lunch - talk cars - have fun.
Lunch will be at http://www.highlandsnsw.com.au/grandbar/index.html
You will find it at the corner of Bong Bong St and Wingecarribee St.
A meeting place in Sydney will be arranged closer to the time.
Please send me a pm if you are attending so that I can make a booking for lunch. I need to know by the 7th July.
Anyone and everone welcome - Austin Champs - Park's Commodore etc all included  ;D

Disclaimer; This event is not being organised by an official club. It is an event you choose to attend knowing that it is an informal outing undertaken strictly at your own risk. Sorry, I have to say all that.... ???

Regards,
BC

oscar

Bump!  ;D

I'm working out numbers for my clan but at the moment it's just me, which suits me just fine.  I'll let you know definitely on the 7th.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

QuoteBump! 
Shocks gone again?  ;D
Regards,
BC

SELfor50

Put me down for Me + 1.

Can't wait to fire up the video camera on what's sure to be a sizeable fleet!   ;D

Brian Crump

QuoteCan't wait to fire up the video camera on what's sure to be a sizeable fleet!
Yr spot on M8 ;D
Now you folks - are you going to pm me or do I have to send each of you a personal invitation/reminder?  ;D ;D
Regards,
Minister for Outing and Speedo Errors

Mforcer

Where is the Canberra start? There is a good chance Rae and I will be heading up from there on the Sunday.

Oh, and take this as confirmation that we will be there! :)
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

nathan

BC,
what sort of times are you thinking of for this day...i am in sydney from 15th to friday20th, but may be able to hang around til the sunday if i could scam a lift...i would then need to return back to perth that arvo (even late)...is this at all feasible or are you going for a long trek that would see you return late in the day?
regards
nathan
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Brian Crump

Nathan - Bowral is about 1.5 hours max from Sydney.
Lunch is 12 or so and probably be back in Sydney no later than 5pm - probably earlier. That would give you time to catch a plane back to WA. At least Mforcer and I will be coming back into town.....the others live on the edge of Sydney. One of us can fit you in. Looks like Craig will be doing a similar thing. I guess a 450SE can fit 4 people?  ;D ;D ;D
Regards,
BC

SELfor50

Quote from: Mforcer on 02 July 2007, 06:15 AM
Where is the Canberra start? There is a good chance Rae and I will be heading up from there on the Sunday.

Oh, and take this as confirmation that we will be there! :)

Not sure yet mate... Roger hasn't got back to me - and i don't think there's anyone else in the berra.

If you're definately gonna be leaving from here - i reckon we can meet in the city somewhere for a coffee before we take off.

Are you staying in a hotel while you're down here?  If so, let me know cause my mate works at the crown plaza and can hook you up a REALLY good room rate ay!!  Would be no stress at all...

oscar

I'm a comin'.  PM sent

I was going to swap rear seats from the 280se to give the kids padding.  But Oscarette isn't coming due to a BIG day at work for her on Monday and well, the kids are staying home too.  But that's Ok, I love driving the 350 by myself.  I keep saying the w116 is supposed to be a single seater.

It's a shame Crayford wont be able to get into Oscarette's ear for the day.  I spent 30mins this evening trying to convince oscarette we can pick up the Leichardt 6.9 this Friday.  No luck. :(
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

Here is the list of people attending so far. Please let me know if I have missed anyone so I can include them. I apologise for all errors and slips of memory - just let me know... ;D

From Canberra;
Cam
Mforcer and Rae
Torana 68 (Roger) plus 2

From The Southern Highlands
Caroline and Andrew Crayford
Graham and Jo.

From the deep west of NSW
Oscar

From Sydney
Matthew and Vince.
Michel and Paula and the 2 boys.
Brian and Steven. Bringing CraigS.
Styria and Julie
David and Helen.
John and Elsie
Ross and Sandra.
Barry and Bev.
Parks? Come on Parks - you need a day out of the salt mines...
Mercules.

That makes 30 definites.

Regards,
BC

nathan

BC,
youve done a thorough job organising this!
unfortunately i think my wife will beat me to death with own arm if i stay in sydney another 2 days to attend a 116 meet!
would love to meet all
regards
nathan
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Brian Crump

OK - here is the Sydney meeting place!!!
Meet time 8.30am for a 9am departure. That leaves time to get a coffee on the way and a chat in Bowral and a look at cars before we eat at 12.
Meet at - There is a park in Liverpool off Congressional Drive. Use the corner of Hume Higway and Congressional Drive where there are traffic lights to turn in to the park. It is opposite McGrath Mitsubishi and near Liverpool Regional Museum.

Don't wait for me - I will collect CraigS and we are not yet sure what time his plane arrives. I am looking for a Universal (Hearse style) to bring Nathan.....
Regards,
BC

EDIT: I have confirmed our booking with the Grand Brasserie for 12. The menu is a la carte but we can't spilt the bill to pay seperately so please bring change with you. The booking is in the name of Brian Crump so if you arrive ahead of me you can ask for our tables. We have 2 tables of 10.
Menu is as follows;

THE GRAND WINTER 2007 LUNCH MENU

Choice of toasted open Turkish sandwich:
Smoked salmon, rocket, dill mayonnaise, capers and pickled cucumber   12.50
Garlic spiced chicken, sundried tomato pesto, Jarlsburg cheese, baby
spinach and roasted red peppers   13.00
Char grilled chorizo sausage with Spanish onion, pancetta, goat's cheese, lettuce and oven dried tomato rounds   14.50
All sandwiches served with roast vegetable salad   

White wine steamed asparagus, pancetta, soft poached egg, parmesan and beurre noisette   14.50

Beer battered barramundi fillet, chunky fries, salad, tartare and lemon wedge   15.90

Wild mushroom beef stroganoff with saffron rice pilaf and mixed herb sour cream   16.90

Hoi sin pork rissoles with Asian slaw, crispy hokkien noodles and sweet chilli glaze   15.90

Beef burger with bacon, Jarlsburg cheese, onion jam, lettuce, tomato, beetroot and fries   14.90

Caesar salad with crisp cos, grilled pancetta, garlic croutons, shaved parmesan, anchovies, soft poached egg and chef's Caesar dressing
With char grilled chicken   14.90

Spinach and ricotta cannelloni with Neapolitan sauce, melted cheese and roasted vegetable salad   14.90

Surf & Turf:  200g porterhouse with pan fried prawns, potato wedges and salad   16.90

Extras

Damper:  Choose from garlic, herb, chilli and parmesan or native bush dukkah   3.50
Bowl of seasonal steamed vegetables with balsamic glaze   6.00
Bowl of fries   5.00
Mixed Greek salad of olives, feta, capsicum, cucumber and Spanish onion with caper dressing   6.50

Please speak to your waiter for vegetarian alternatives
See today's blackboard for New Flavours and Fresh Seafood

(WE REGRET SEPARATE ACCOUNTS CANNOT BE PREPARED FOR GROUP BOOKINGS)
No Sunday or Public Holiday Surcharge

john skene

Brian Crump, would you kindly ad Elsie and me to your list of attendees.

Brian Crump

You are now included John.
Regards,
Brian