News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Sydney Drive Day 22nd July 2007

Started by Brian Crump, 30 June 2007, 09:36 PM

Brian Crump

If there are any changes to numbers for Sunday please let me know urgently!!!!!! PM or email only.
Styria will you kindly lead the way from Sydney? No speeding this time please!!!!
I will be later than you as I will wait for Craig to arrive by plane.
WGB will be after lunch at this stage.
Bon voyage and may the speed cameras be blind on Sunday. ;D
Regards,
BC

oscar

ATTN Canberra mob!

What time are you guys leaving?  How long does it take to get to Bowral?  I may get down there first and tag along if I get away early enough.  Or, I'll get to Goulburn and tag along from there.

Also, BC, what time are you expecting the collective us to be at Bowral?   I'm trying to work out what time I have to leave.
Cheers. :)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

Oscar - we are due for lunch at 12 noon. I figure arrive a bit early to stand around, stamp yr feet, complain about the weather and talk car talk before lunch.....kick tyres, brag about the superior 350 performance - just the usual drill.
Styria will be there about 10.30 as he wants to leave before the sparrows so there will be someone to chat to...well, he is leaving Sydney at 9am and given his last highway performance, should be there very early - or in Goulburn lock up  ;D
Arrive when you want - JUST BRING CHANGE COS THE PLACE WON'T SPLIT THE BILL!!!!
www.travelmate.com.au will help you work out some travelling times. Go to the map-maker section.
Regards,
BC

oscar

Geez Louise!!!!

Google maps says - 459km - 6hrs 40 min.  Travelmate, same route  - 5hrs 35min.  Thanks for the link BC.   But at 4000rpm, I'm gonna prove both of those wrong. ;D 

I see Canberra to Bowral is about 2hrs.  Canberra might still be a goer, just depends when you guys are leaving: SELfor50, mforcer, Rae & Torana??  Is Torana & Co coming? 

Brian Crump

QuoteBy the way, I'll have Cameron and his (friend-partner-wife ?)
I believe Cameron booked for one person. Has this changed? Please let me know for the restaurant booking.
Regards,
Brian

WGB

I phoned Nathan to see what he was doing as he has been off the air while attending a training course in Sydney.

He has a non-cancellable ticket to return to Perth on Friday so offers his apologies for Sunday.

Bill

SELfor50

Quote from: oscar on 17 July 2007, 08:49 AM
ATTN Canberra mob!

What time are you guys leaving?  How long does it take to get to Bowral?  I may get down there first and tag along if I get away early enough.  Or, I'll get to Goulburn and tag along from there.

Also, BC, what time are you expecting the collective us to be at Bowral?   I'm trying to work out what time I have to leave.
Cheers. :)

Do it up oscar, Mforcer is leaving the berra with us - it really only takes bout 1hr half to get to bowral but if we allow 50mins we should be fine!  ;)
Seriously though, i reckon if we leave canberra by 10:30 should be all sweet.
Was thinking of a rendesvous somewhere in the city for a coffee before we hit the road - so any time suggestions from you Roger or Mforcer?
once we agree on a time, we can sort out a meeting point.

Hit up the berra first Oscar, it'll be a nice cruise to B-town...

Cam.

oscar

Cool!!

Just in case I work later then expected on Saturday evening,  I'll leave it up to you guys for the when and where and what time you leave.  Just post details when it's all sorted and I'll let you guys know on Sat morning if If I can make it.  No excuses so far, so it looks like the berra is on the itinerary.

Besides, I wanna zoom past Lake George.  I hear there's a stack of water in there now.  I've only ever seen it as scattered pools of water and mud.

Oh yeah, a coffee sounds good too.  The methamphetamine would've worn off by then. ::)

Brian Crump

There are now 26 of us for lunch plus Bill and family who will join us later.
Lunch in the Grand Brasserie is served from 12 until 2.30 and after that we can repair to the Grand Bar or the road.....
We have 2 tables of 13.
Please remember that we can't split the bill so please bring change.
Location and menu is back at the beginning of thos thread.
Thanks folks for your reponses and let's enjoy Sunday.
Regards,
BC

SELfor50

I remember lake george the same way...  It's sorta on it's way back to that.  The sheep are starting to all congregate towards the road again.  And there's water starting to creep towards the edge.

It will still be a Loooooong time before it's back to what it was about 10years ago.

Oscar... you be trippin man.  Get off those shrooms!  :)

Can't wait for sunday.

WGB

Just arrived in Sydney an hour ago - Jeez you didn't need to leave the air-con running for us warmer Western Types.

It was too hot to wear a jacket in Perth this aftenoon and here it's life threatening not to.

Canberra must be cold tonight.

See you all on Sunday.

Bill

Mforcer

Quote from: SELfor50 on 17 July 2007, 08:09 PM
Do it up oscar, Mforcer is leaving the berra with us - it really only takes bout 1hr half to get to bowral but if we allow 50mins we should be fine!  ;)
Seriously though, i reckon if we leave canberra by 10:30 should be all sweet.
Was thinking of a rendesvous somewhere in the city for a coffee before we hit the road - so any time suggestions from you Roger or Mforcer?
once we agree on a time, we can sort out a meeting point.

Hit up the berra first Oscar, it'll be a nice cruise to B-town...

I am happy to meet any place, any time before heading to Bowral. I am sure Rae would appreciate a good coffee before the drive :) Just let me know but I'll speak to you before then :)
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Brian Crump

28 confirmed attendees. Restaurant is about full now.
There will be some parking at the rear.
Also coming will be Graham and Jocelyn - famous Lancia experts and owners of Lambda Motors in Mittagong. Look out for the Fulvia Coupe!!
Regards,
BC

john skene

Brian, we need 2 more places booked for the lunch on Sunday, a previous 116 owner who is now looking for another 116 to replace it wants to join us! Please confirm OK.

crayford

Noticed they are doing some renovations to the Grand today. Must be in anticipation of our illustrious (and ever expanding) group  ;D.