News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Sydney Drive Day 22nd July 2007

Started by Brian Crump, 30 June 2007, 09:36 PM

Brian Crump

Any more people coming? Please let me know ASAP to increase the lunch booking. Please send a pm or email.
Regards,
BC

WGB

I'll actually be in Sydney on Sunday - and all you lot will have buggared off to Bowral. ;D

Have a good day.

Bill

Brian Crump

Bill - of course, we can fit you in if you want to come. Please send me a pm to let me know.
Regards,
BC

oscar

Should I be running WGB ???
From a thread a long time ago about what exactly, I can't remember.  Do you remember?

Don't take your guns to town son, Leave your guns at home, Bill... :D

Honestly, hope you can make it.  ;)

1973 350SE, my first & fave

WGB

Quote from: oscar on 15 July 2007, 06:50 PM
Should I be running WGB ???
From a thread a long time ago about what exactly, I can't remember.  Do you remember?

Don't take your guns to town son, Leave your guns at home, Bill... :D

Honestly, hope you can make it.  ;)

I'd forgotton all about that Oscar - I'm not really one to hold grudges. Just leave me a cardboard cut-out and I'll take it up to the range some time ;D Only joking - I only make holes on cardboard.

I am coming over to Sydney to a Medical Course being held at the Sydney Masonic Centre - of all places, Brother Michel -  and I have a full day of lectures on Friday. I will be coming with my wife who has a brother who lives at Kellyville so we will be spending the weekend with him and his wife and flying out late on Sunday PM.

Thanks for the invitations fellas but I think I would have my throat cut if I didn't do the family thing on Sunday - but it's tempting.

Bill

WGB

I have contacted my Brother-in-law who was wondering what to do with us on Sunday so it looks like the four of us and his Alsation will be coming down for a drive to Bowral on Sunday.

Probably won't make the way-points or the formal luncheon but will catch up with some unfamiliar faces after lunch if that is all right.

Thanks for the kind meal offer Brian.

Hope to see some of you on Sunday.

Are you going to still be in Sydney on Sunday Nathan?

Bill

crayford

Arrrrrgh...

Disaster has struck in the Crayford department  >:( >:(

Went to collect Kermit from "mechanic" (alias thief) yesterday, and discovered as we drove to register it that it is leaking oil and fuel simultaneously (crack in fuel tank, mysterious "oh that must've just happened" massive oil leak), the speedo is screaming (literally), the car is drenched from leaking windscreen (and thief too lazy to cover it) so the carpets are mushy, cracked rear tail light, and somehow, somehow, this car got a blue slip not 5 days ago.

Apparently, I have paid money to get the car back worse than it arrived (and it went straight from MB Spares to thief). No oil or fuel leaks before it went there. No cracked tail light either. It seems that my money went, not to repairs, but to bribing the blue slip guy (who, conveniently, is a friend of thief).

Now, I don't want to make any wild accusatory statements here, but I am truly devastated that Kermit is now laid up in a shed on a farm in Gundagai (as far as we could safely drive with the fuel pissing out), and will be unable to join his fellow men this Sunday. Plus, I have just paid 12 months rego on my family car that currently is throroughly explosive and unusable. And we wasted a whole day and a Monaro-load of petrol (and we're talking a guzzling HQ here) on a useless trip.

We will still be there (I guess it's the Champ chariot instead), but how could this happen?? Am furious  >:(

WGB

Did they change the fuel filter and buggar something up?

Bill

crayford

Oh, thank you for reminding me...

My full service consisted of no filters being changed, transmission fluid not changed, but $55 worth of premium somehow going missing in an unregistered car with apparently no fuel leak until yesterday, when I came to pick it up.

Perhaps it wet itself with excitement...

And, if you're on here, thank you to John Skene at MB Spares, who gave us an honest appraisal of the car when we bought it, and gave Mr Crayford some very balanced and helpful advice this morning (Mr Crayford and I had been up all night, fluctuating between fury, disappointment and total confusion).

O319-Coach

"And, if you're on here, thank you to John Skene at MB Spares"

Its Green not Skene, but thanks anyway....  Sorry to hear that things didn't turn out to well.

SELfor50

Where's this garage / mechanic stationed???  SERIOUSLY!

I got a pair of pliars and a blowtorch, and i knows me someone who needs some 'attitude adjusting'!   >:(

Seriously though, what's the name of the mechanics workshop??  So we know not to go there, at least not to service the car anyway..may still pay him a visit of other sorts...  ;)

WGB

Hi John Green,

We know you watch us but it's nice to hear from you.

Any time you feel a need to join in and offer us some wisdom it would be gratefully appreciated but I guess if you are like me you don't necessarily make a hobby out of your business.

Thank you for your professionalism in the past and for your ongoing Newsletter.

Especially us DIY types who otherwise live in splendid isolation.

Bill

oscar

Crayford, that's incredibly sad news.  I'm dying to hear more and who the perpetrator/s were, but you're probably better off not posting those details publicly in case you have grounds for recourse.  I'm no legal beagle, but I'd hate to see the situation deteriorate further.
But feel free to vent this Sunday.

Which lense and how bad is it cracked?  I could bring a better spare with me on Sunday if you need one.  
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

Bad, bad, bad, sad news!!!! :'(
At least the Champ will be able to convey the Crayford's regardless of weather conditions. Bowral will be a bit chilly kids, so pack yr woolies, clean handkerchief, clean underwear and a shilling to ring home... 8)
Regards,
Minister for Outings

crayford

My apologies John - that misinformation was passed on to me by someone else, and I had not seen your name written in full elsewhere. My thanks, anyway  :) :). And nice to know you drop in.

Will not post the name of the perpetrator of the Kermit assault, as am looking into my legal options at the moment, and wouldn't want to jeopardize anything.

Thanks for your kind offer Oscar, but I have a spare lens on the 350SE that I bought from same person. Providing he doesn't go about stripping more parts off it before I can tow it out of his place, I should have a replacement. Unfortunately, now that all these things have gone pear-shaped, there is a good chance Rolf Harris will end up being a donor car for parts for Kermit (which was supposed to be what the 350 was for, but already parts have disappeared, or thief has been too lazy to swap them). If said lens is missing, I will take you up on your offer (part of the white/reverse part is missing).

Am just so pissed off. No respect...