News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Sydney, Australia meet UPDATED AGAIN

Started by Mforcer, 20 July 2006, 04:45 AM

Mforcer

Hi all in and around Sydney.

The time has come for a drive down to Kangaroo Valley for the weekend from Saturday 2nd September, stay overnight and enjoy the drive back on the following day. There are plenty of nice places to visit down there and the drive should be great too. For those not able to go away for the weekend, the trip is easy enough for there and back in one day.

The 2-day drive has been postponed and we are now only planning a drive on the Sunday.

There will be a group (Styria will lead the way) meeting in Liverpool at Liverpool Library (opp. Mcgrath Mitsubishi) at 9:00am for 9:30am departure on Sunday 3rd September for a drive down the Hume Hwy to Kangaroo Valley for lunch at 12:30 before returning to Sydney that afternoon.

For those located in the Inner City or Suburban Areas, the proposed meeting place is Carrs Park at Blakehurst, located closely to the junction of King Georges Road and the Princess Highway. Meeting time will also be 9:00am for 9:30am departure From there, we will travel south through Kiama and head west at Berry to meet our friends in Kangaroo Valley by 12:30.

See you all there!
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Brian Crump

Great Idea - it's time we did a little bahnstorming. Ok - a little gentle driving. Anywhere, any time, any excuse.
Brian

merro450sel

Quote from: Mforcer on 20 July 2006, 04:45 AM
Hi all in and around Sydney. The time has come to start organising a drive for us to enjoy and I ask for your comments or thoughts.

I am proposing we drive down to Kangaroo Valley for a weekend in late August, stay overnight and enjoy the drive back on the following day. There are plenty of nice places to visit down there and the drive should be great too. For those not able to go away for the weekend, the trip is easy enough for there and back in one day.

Who's with me? Who has ideas for different drives?

sounds great count me in , the 450's off the road for now I'll bring the 380 and camera,ok? 8)

Mforcer

I have updated the proposed weekend date for 2 and 3 September.

Any cars are allowed (although non-116 may be excluded from the photo shoots ;) and the more cameras the better!

I'll be driving down and hope everyone can join in! Can't wait to see you then and there!

More details still to come...
Michael
2006 B200

oscar

Mforcer, that weekend sounds good as far as I've got 4 days off starting that Saturday.  I can't make any promises just yet.  It's a 5-6 hour drive from Griffith.  But I'd love to be part of a 116 get together.

What's the consensus on partners and rugrats?  Personally I'd prefer to bring myself and my other partner (the 350), but that may not be possible.   If the wife isn't working and demands on coming, they're may be a Ford coming due to no padding in the back of the 116.  There's a few potential scenarios but I'll try to make it.  Look forward to hearing more.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

oscar

Quote from: oscar on 30 July 2006, 12:13 AM
   If the wife isn't working and demands on coming, they're may be a Ford coming due to no padding in the back of the 116. 

I should mention that the lack of padding in the back was for the kids, not the mrs.  :D :D  Didn't explain that to well before.

Well in the space of a few hours I've discovered that I'm going to Canberra that weekend.  The wife and sister-in-law are going to an INXS concert and I'm apparently going along with the kids and brother-in-law to do god knows what.  Hopefully my brother-in-law would rather play golf at home and I'll just bring the kids along to the valley.   I'll keep you informed.

Mforcer

Quote from: oscar on 30 July 2006, 12:13 AM
What's the consensus on partners and rugrats?  Personally I'd prefer to bring myself and my other partner (the 350), but that may not be possible.   If the wife isn't working and demands on coming, they're may be a Ford coming due to no padding in the back of the 116.  There's a few potential scenarios but I'll try to make it.  Look forward to hearing more.

Partners and rug rats are more than welcome on the condition they understand there may be quite a bit of talk about the cars! :) I'm bringing my girl :)
Michael
2006 B200

Mforcer

The 2-day drive has been postponed. See the first post for details on current plans.

The drive will likely commence in Robertson, passing through Jamberoo, Kiama, Berry, Kangaroo Valley and Fitzroy Falls over the two days.

Stops in Moss Vale, Bowral, Mittagong may also be planned.

We will travel down on the Princess Hwy and possibly back up on the Hume Hwy but this can be decided on the day and depends on where around Sydney everyone will need to finish.

On the Sunday, we will meet up with the Sunday day trippers for lunch in Kangaroo Valley at 12:30 before heading home.
Michael
2006 B200

oscar

Quote from: Mforcer on 05 August 2006, 08:43 PM
Suggestions? Thoughts? Comments?

How about Griffith?   :D :D Just kidding.  On holidays we tell people to stay put and we go to them.  I miss the coast.  :'(

Anyway I'm still 98% in.  Wife and sister-in-law are going to the Countdown concert on Saturday night in Syd.  They'll be in the pretend ML (ford territory) and I'll be with the kids, 4 and 8yo in old smokey.  I wont be doing the drive that you lot will be doing obviously, but when the place is named I'll be there for the lunch, and most likely stop over.
How many we got so far.

Mforcer

There is now a day trip planned for those unable to attend a full weekend drive. See the first post in this topic for details. Now there is no excuse for not coming! ;) :)
Michael
2006 B200

oscar

Well that changes things a bit.  That's good!  I might stay in Sydney on Saturday night, meet up with the 116 gang at Liverpool, travel down to the Valley, then continue after lunch on to Canberra on Sunday night.

I better start saving those shoppa-dockets, its a 1300km run. Hmm, 2 full tanks you think? ::)

Looking forward to it.

Brian Crump

Sounds good to me. I'm coming but will there be petrol bowsers every 50 k or so? Just kidding but the QE11 does love a drink....
Regards,
Brian

john skene

Styra, I would love to attend, but does everyone realise the run is being held on Father's Day!!

If the run was held on another day (but not if it clashed with a MBCNSW outing) , even mid-week, I could attend.

oscar

Hi John,

Are you implying Father's Day is about family  :o . No way! It's about us doing whatever the bloody hell we like. :D
My wife's dumping me for concerts on Saturday and Sunday night.  So a 116 outing is my wish for this father's day. 

Nothing personal John but I am hoping the plan stays relatively unchanged from here on in.  Only because of the arrangements I've made to get there.  I hope you can come, the more the merrier.  Hopefully, something regular may come of it for club and non-club members alike.  Whether it be once or twice a year, nothing too formal, just an unofficial 116 gathering here and there for our unofficial club.

Simon.

oscar

Well I'm on my way. (In limp mode)  Most dissappointed that many "flash" bits I intended on adding to the car thru the week were left to the side as I tried to sort out the injection problem in my car.  We'll just have to make sure the 350 is in the back row for the photos.  ;D
Looking forward to Sunday.

Cheers.

Simon