News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

South African 116 gathering

Started by s class, 19 February 2007, 07:10 AM

gregdeklerk

I booked a while ago at Villa Favourita, So I am just going to pay today. We will have to take a few good photos to show these Aussies what they are missing!!!

gregdeklerk

Hold thumbs guys - looks like the 116 may be ready for the trip!!

s class

painted and reassembled in time?  Wow that's fast!.  Great stuff.  Did you organise and i-pod connection for gregette?

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

gregdeklerk

Got the FM transmitter and am using an MP3 player for the moment. Guess what I can look forward to? :-* :-*

robgee

Hey you blokes party just like we dO what are we missing out on The bbq'd SHEEP SOUNDS GOOD BUT I'M NOT TO KEEN ON EATING FINGERS(SORRY YOU ASKED FOR IT) What about some Elephant "T' BONES we have big appetites us Aussies you know. Or casserole of marinated Zebra.Come on guys you must have something exotic .This reminds me of the guy trying to sell me Cuban Cigars (rolled on the thighs of nubile willing young maidens) for your indulgence Sir!
So what can you impress us with I mean your talking to guys who regularly eat their coat of arms (that wool really sticks in my craw) ;D
ROB

gregdeklerk

South African's eat sheep in a gastronomic manner, unlike some Australian's who eat their sheep in another manner ;D ;D ;D

robgee

Surely Greg your getting confused with Kiwi's they are the sheep people we are Cattle country.
Real Beefy nothing sheepish about us and we certainly don't share.

You mean What do you call a sheep tied to a post in AUCKLAND?

Answer,
AN AMUSEMENT ARCADE.

oscar

We listen to our sheep and respect them.

1973 350SE, my first & fave

robgee

Exactly Oscar why are people so unkind.
I love me sheep
just like jccp loves his badgers.
Beastiality is there no end to this mans talents.

gregdeklerk

Robgee, you are a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD man!!

robgee

gregdeklerk

BC, do they grow rooibos in NZ? We grow it by the ton here! You want some?

Brian Crump

Dear Greg,
I understand it grows only in SA but of course the 'Lady Detective' series has made rooibos tea famous here. I'm sure you drink lots of it on your drives?  ;D
No, the main point of my post was I believe we should be more polite about NZers and then hopefully they will join the list. It would be wonderful to see more active members here and I would not like to think that we frighten people away.
NZers - you are welcome. Ignore the sheep jokes.  ;D ;D ;D
Regards,
BC

s class

One week to go and counting - Greg which car are you taking?  Both my 116 and 140 will be in a serviceable condition, and I haven't decided which yet.  Probably the 140, unless we decide to make it a 116 supporters effort. 

Ryan

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

gregdeklerk

Ryan, I am keen to go in the 116 or I will consider the 123, but the 116 will be more comfortable!!

Are you leaving Thursday morning? I am going to drive in convoy with some other guys and we are going to leave on Wednesday morning.