News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

Service manual library on ipad

Started by Janse, 09 August 2012, 04:35 PM

Janse

Hi
Cant seem to get the manual working on my ipad. The page just goes black. Anyone else has the same problem?
Janse

Big_Richard

admin

We have been planning on replacing the flash interface with straight HTML that would work on an iPad. Just need to find the time for the long list of things to do ;)

Tony66_au

Quote from: Admin on 09 August 2012, 08:01 PM
We have been planning on replacing the flash interface with straight HTML that would work on an iPad. Just need to find the time for the long list of things to do ;)

Honestly?

I wouldn't bother.

There is a menu set out there that is already HTML and i used to use it with my 124/126 CD's on my G4 but I cant recall where the menus are. (I found em originally on google which led to a US site that had them downloadable)

These days I have all manuals on an old win XP laptop with my diag software.

And for $75 you can legitimately own the CD's anyway.

Stuff Apple and their propaganda.

Tony

(Yes im grumpy but its my natural state when dealing with technokitch)

Tony66_au

Oh and apart from the whole Flash issue the CD format is not properly supported by Mac so it wont see the filenames properly or at all depending on the MacOS you have.

There is a workaround but it is both time consuming and touch and go.

And iOS (MacOS Lite for tablets and iPhones etc) is very inflexible and a real PITA.

Id like to add that I am not Anti Mac and have mac machines I used daily and have provided professional support for Apple environs in the past but this new stuff is limited at best.

Want to surf the net? Sure, Play music or sync your Iplod? Great but when it comes to real stuff they are limited at best.

My Android Tablet BTW is faster, cheaper and cleaner. (And it runs my Merc CD's juuuuust fine from file or external DVD multi player.)

Big_Richard

Tony66_au

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 10 August 2012, 03:06 AM
tisk, another android fanboi  8)

show me anything running android with decent build quality or doesn't require battery pull restarts regularly and maybe ill convert ;)

LOL AND I have the FanBoi leather shorts... But thats another story.

As for OS lockup?

Hasn't happened yet!  But im also picky about which App's and widgets I load.

Im just snitty about the whole Intel processors in Mac's deal lol

philpot

QuoteStuff Apple and their propaganda.

Good for you Tony.
If the secret police ask me I will say I've never heard of you :)

Big_Richard

Tony66_au

Quote from: philpot on 11 August 2012, 07:56 AM
QuoteStuff Apple and their propaganda.

Good for you Tony.
If the secret police ask me I will say I've never heard of you :)

Heard of who?

Tony66_au

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 11 August 2012, 07:57 AM
i like the idea of Intel processors in macs, it allows those with an application specific need for windows to run windows on a bootcamp partition, or inside mac osx using vmware fusion. Linux can also be run in vmware too.

I wouldn't consider that very limited at all  8)

Plus it doesnt come in a plastic fantastic disposable housing - they are built like MB's used to be made. Properly with METAL.

Very true but who does that?

I don't get paid to sort out this sort of thing anymore, my life is now far simpler until I get some parent or teenager crying on my shoulder because of the inflexability of their iPad and how they are about to lose a pile of school work or an assignment because they cant synch at home etc or they have for some reason forgotten their password.
Then there is the issue with software they have bought that they for some reason need to buy again after resetting their iPad and losing all the data and software.

In years gone by I used to deal with this on Windoze platforms with minimal hassle and recover files etc no problems and eventually everyone was happy, with the iPads in particular I got to the stage where I thought id lost touch because I couldn't fix the issues and sent them to a good Apple authorised centre where genius actually meant something only to find that they had the same options I did with unhappy outcomes for the client.

I suspect that if it were not for the groovy styling of the iRange of McProducts The late great Steve Jobs created that Apples fortunes would once again be marginal.