Community > The ORG

RIP WGB - a forum giant

<< < (2/3) > >>

Type17:
Sad news, condolences to his family and friends.

w116john:
yes terribly sad news, condolences to his family and friends.

his advice will pop up here no doubt on a regular basis helping new and older members, this forum is kind of an extended family for w116 enthusiasts, and we feel the loss when one leaves.

oscar:
Hey Nathan and all. 

I don't check in much let alone post but I randomly logged on to show a friend some pics from yonks ago only to stumble across this sad news. He is one of a number of people on the Org I looked up to, learnt from and admired for their achievements.  Met him only once albeit briefly at a meet in Bowral NSW in 2007. He had the coolest name and the coolest number plate at one stage, BABE69 I think it was, bound to attract a few double-takes.  He told a funny story about it involving police I'm sure.

Not much else to say, only my regards to family and friends and others close to him. A forum giant is right on the money and in this realm was an inspiration to getting my hands 116 greasy in the first place.

nathan:
Oscar,

Despite this sad news, it is wonderful to hear from you. I have often wondered what you were up to, I hope you are enjoying life and cars.
Bills service is this week, as a Kiwi, I think COVID has delayed the commemoration of his life as family fly west.
I too agree on the plate, very amusing. 

perhaps an update thread on what you have been up to. I would be interested!

regards from the West
Nathan

oscar:
Will do nathan, I'll pop something in the Lounge over the next couple of days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version