News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Quiet this time of year

Started by Big_Richard, 17 December 2010, 04:12 AM

SELfor50

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 31 December 2010, 09:21 PM
Quote from: TJ 450 on 31 December 2010, 09:03 PM
I have almost decided to begin the epic task of preparing for the 6.9's paint job... I may need some encouragement though. ;)

Tim

make sure you dont forget to assemble that 4 million dollar 190e engine before you start  8)

Hahaha....  :D  8)

s class

Right, I did the tranny service, fitted the new fuel pump and filter, fitted the rear discs and the tranny mount.  Quite a successful morning. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Big_Richard

Quote from: SELfor50 on 01 January 2011, 01:15 AM
Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 31 December 2010, 09:21 PM
Quote from: TJ 450 on 31 December 2010, 09:03 PM
I have almost decided to begin the epic task of preparing for the 6.9's paint job... I may need some encouragement though. ;)

Tim

make sure you dont forget to assemble that 4 million dollar 190e engine before you start  8)

Hahaha....  :D  8)

I lectured young TJ last night not to follow in my foot steps of starting more projects before finishing another.

At one stage i had about 3 on the go at once on my 6.9 and thats how screws go missing and things get reassembled incorrectly ;)

TJ assisted with and successfully rectified my left hand airbox levers last night that were getting caught on a incorrectly installed bracket with a bolt in it that was too long. My knuckles are all sliced open but at least it works to perfection now.

I still cannot find the screws for the partition panel that hides the fuel tank - i think im going to have to raid TJ's screw collection again.

TJ 450

Yes, the 190 motor is to be running first as I can't really drive a naked 116. 8)

BTW MT, I did leave my timing strobe at your place.

With the screws, did you look in that plastic street light refractor?

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Big_Richard

Quote from: TJ 450 on 01 January 2011, 10:39 PM
Yes, the 190 motor is to be running first as I can't really drive a naked 116. 8)

BTW MT, I did leave my timing strobe at your place.

With the screws, did you look in that plastic street light refractor?

Tim

Indeed i did look there -

but it has for some reason 4 x fuel pump sheild screws  ::) I'm guessing maybe the partition panel screws have gone where they are

koan

C'mon you guys, get your act together!

All it needs is a couple of boxes of resealable plastic lunch bags, a permanent marker and a cardboard box.

What you do is put the screws (nuts, washers, springs or whatever) in a bag and seal it. Now the clever bit, write on the bag, something like "screws for the partition panel that hides the fuel tank" and chuck them in the cardboard box.

Now, provided you don't lose the box, you should have all the parts and where they go.

koan ;)
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Big_Richard

indeed mr koan, that is a fantastic idea.

However that requires forward thinking and purchasing zip lock sandwich bags or adding them to the shopping list.

most of the time 6.9 activities are spur of the moment and no forward thinking is put into it what so ever  8)

But, i shall indeed put sandwich bags on my next shopping list  8)

koan

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 02 January 2011, 01:34 AM
most of the time 6.9 activities are spur of the moment and no forward thinking is put into it what so ever  8)

Bit of a problem this spur of the moment thing for me too.

My problem is not wearing the right clothes.

I'll wander into the shed in the early morning and think "I'll just see if this old starter motor shaft turns freely". Within a few minutes I'm sucked in, the motor is reduced to pieces and the 30 years of oil and grease from it are now on my white bath robe.

koan

Big_Richard

I hear you,

It gets to the point where you no longer own any decent clothes at all as everything has grease and oil stains on it  ::)

Fortunatly i receive sufficient gifts from relaitives to keep at least one outfit thats suitable to leave the house in ::)

TJ 450

Haha, I'm glad I'm not alone in that regard. 8)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

KenM

Let's have a show of hands, who wants to see a pic of Mr K. in his bathrobe?

Big_Richard

only if he puts on his pink fluffy slippers

WGB

The high heeled ones with the feathers.

s class

Most mornings I do 'car things' from 07h30 to 09h00, then rock into my day job from 09h30 or so.  These 'car things' usually involve delivering a radiator for cleaning, or some such activity that drips ATF on my good clothes, or otherwise I go muck around in a breaker's yard looking for parts.  Either way, I've just accepted all my clothes are stained.  My co-workers don't bother commenting anymore. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

koan

Let's have a show of hands, who wants to see a pic of Mr K. in his bathrobe?

only if he puts on his pink fluffy slippers

The high heeled ones with the feathers.

Only if you pay :)

koan