16 (100%)
THE FIRST S-CLASS
1 (6.3%)
W116 S-CLASS
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: 25 February 2007, 05:43 PM

oscar

I went back through the grill badge thread and think I got all the suggestions.  let me know if not.

Your instructions-

*Option 1 thru to Option 6 are for the top of the badge
*Option 8 thru to Option 10 are for the bottom of the badge

Choose one from each group.  In other words you have two votes, one for each category. Option 7 has been intentionally left blank to separate the two groups. It has "don't vote here" 
Make me proud of 116 owners, please don't vote for option 7  ;D

13days to poll finish, you may change your mind during the poll up until the end.  Cheers.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Mforcer

Exactly Koan. If the badge is generic, it may as well just be an 'official' MB badge.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

macatron

I agree with you on this Oscar.  Space is at a premium on the badge and so any effort to eliminate redundancy is best in my opinion.

BTW, a big thank you to you for all your efforts on the polls!  I've already cast my votes.

Mike

Mforcer

Has everyone that is interested in a badge voted yet? Does everyone realise that they can change their vote at any time depending on the influence of others? ;)
Michael
2006 B200

gregdeklerk

Mforcer,

How many registered members does this site have? To carry on with Styria's point - surely there are more people interested in the grille badge?

oscar

There's 336 members according to the index page.

I would guess around less than a third are active perhaps.  Whilst it would be good to get at least 50 orders for the sake of lowering cost, a minimum of 25 is all that is needed.  There's 23 votes on the badge itself, and with a few double orders.  I think we're there. 

I think there's less voters in this poll because the result looks a bit more obvious.

As mforcer said, don't forget if anyone does wish to change their mind, they can, in this poll or the badge poll.

Andrew116

As I remember (I might be wrong), aren't there a few members that want more than one? ???
That would mean that more than 25 badges are requested... I guess...
So... that's nice...
I think I'll start working the Corel version for the chosen ones. Just to see what happens. And that, only if I am allowed by the creators of those badges  ;D

Thanks,
Andrew in Romania

oscar

That's true Andrew.  I was going to buy 3, a few others a couple.  In the badge poll, it's encouraging to see 25 individual voters. (minimum order)  It's a bit of reassurance and a sign the project will go ahead. :)

Don't worry about the creators of the badges.  macatron and yourself are the only two to start off original.  All mine are copies of yours mainly.  It's been fun to learn a bit more how to photoshop.  Everything has a different name or procedure to the outdated micrografix pic publisher I used to use adn be familiar with.

Mforcer

I think we'll easily come up with 25 badges and we can have an official count by poll once the badge design choices are narrowed. We probably should have one more round of voting (we'll make it last 1 week only) once the current polls are closed.
Michael
2006 B200

gregdeklerk

I think I am in for 2 too. Now all I have to do is find another car!!

Mforcer

We have a winner!

INTERNATIONAL OWNERS GROUP
W116.org

Even though I voted for INTERNATIONAL ENTHUSIASTS GROUP :P, I think we can move on to the next stage :) :)
Michael
2006 B200

OzBenzHead

Quote from: Mforcer on 26 February 2007, 03:08 PM
We have a winner!

W116.org

I'm happy with that - though I'd be happier if there were an apostrophe in OWNERS' (plural possessive, so apostrophe after the S, not before it).    ;D  (The pedant strikes again!)

Lack of apostrophe wouldn't stop me from buying and displaying the badge, however.
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

Mforcer

We should have the apostrophe if it can be done on the badge. I can't imagine why they couldn't.
Michael
2006 B200

oscar

Quote from: OzBenzHead on 26 February 2007, 05:56 PM
Quote from: Mforcer on 26 February 2007, 03:08 PM
We have a winner!

I'm happy with that - though I'd be happier if there were an apostrophe in OWNERS' (plural possessive, so apostrophe after the S, not before it).    ;D  (The pedant strikes again!)

Lack of apostrophe wouldn't stop me from buying and displaying the badge, however.

Yes it's over,
W116.org

the wording at least, or is it ::)

OzBenzHead, duelling with you on pronunskiation or punktiation and spelling for that matter, would be like picking a fight with Russell Crowe inside a Telephone Exchange, :D
However,

Isn't "OWNERS" merely a plural word representing us as more than one and not representing ownership of the "GROUP".  I would assume the GROUP is a thing or entity not belonging or owned by anything - or the OWNERS GROUP is one entity not requiring an apostrophe.

One more thing, to anyone. Should the "W" in w116.org be capital or not.  Capital looks better IMO but not strictly the address.

EDIT:
I should add the "org" looks better in capitals too although not strictly correct. I'm happy with capitals

Andrew116

Oscar you're right about the apostrophe. It's a Group of Owners and not the Owners of a Group... I guess. ???
About the W... hope we don't need another vote  :o ;D
What does the Admin say?