News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

POLL: Wording for grill badge

Started by oscar, 11 February 2007, 10:21 PM

Choose the  wording

INTERNATIONAL ENTHUSIASTS GROUP
3 (18.8%)
INTERNATIONAL OWNERS GROUP
7 (43.8%)
INT'L W116 OWNERS GROUP
2 (12.5%)
MERCEDES ENTHUSIAST GROUP
3 (18.8%)
W116 ENTHUSIAST GROUP
2 (12.5%)
W116 OWNERS GROUP
4 (25%)
don't vote here
0 (0%)
W116.ORG
16 (100%)
THE FIRST S-CLASS
1 (6.3%)
W116 S-CLASS
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: 25 February 2007, 05:43 PM

s class

I wish I had a little French and German too.  I think that would be useful.  As with most South Africans of my and prior generations I am fluent in Afrikaans as well, but that has little use outside of South Africa.  I did elementary studies of Zulu, but that did not appeal to me much at all.  The constructs are all completely different to the mediterranean variety.  

Ryan

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

OzBenzHead

Quote from: Brian Crump on 28 February 2007, 04:31 AMHow did I get in then?
Brian F Crump. BA(Hons), Dip Ed, MA, M Ed, Dip TESOL, MACE.

Hee hee hee!    ;D

Very impressive alphabet soup you have there, Brian (but what's a MACE - other than a weapon?). I went TESOLing in China a few years back but, courtesy of a big flash flood, the whole experience was a, er, washout.  I came home half drowned.   :(

Ryan:

Amongst my dictionary library I have an old Juta's Pocket Afrikaans-English / English-Afrikaans Dictionary 2nd edn, 6th impression (but no publication date given). It has a "Union Booksellers (Pty) Ltd, 236, Church Street, Pretoria" sticker inside the cover.

What would be the current "official" dictionary of South African English? I like to collect the various Englishes - well, their dictionaries, anyhow.  I don't see one on the Oxford Web site (thought OUP does cover many non-British Englishes).
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

s class

I'm not sure about our English.  Back in school, we just used British English dictionaries, but that's probably changed by now.  Juta is still a big publisher of school and tertiary education material. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

gregdeklerk

Quote from: Brian Crump on 28 February 2007, 04:31 AM
Brian F Crump. BA(Hons), Dip Ed, MA, M Ed, Dip TESOL, MACE. (some might add a few more letters like silly b##### but would they dare do so in the company of this august group?

My mother said to me when I finished university if you are a good lawyer you will be: BA LLB BMW

Apart from Nutz 635CSi, I have no interest!!

And guys, go easy on the lawyer jokes............

WGB

I have a secret weapon - my wife did German and I get her to decipher what I need to know.

I also have several German friends/patients and they are usually thrilled to provide a translation when she who must be obeyed is stumped.

It means I don't have to learn German and can spend my limited spare time fixing rusty sills etc.

Bill
M.B.Ch.B. Dip.Obst. C.I.M.E

gregdeklerk

Bill - can we call you doc from now on?