T
15 (93.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: 26 February 2007, 01:20 AM

oscar

Click here for video instructions by Borat

Jagshemash

Is now time for the voting yes not? 

This could be so much easier if I wasn't easily distracted :D Anyway. How does this sound?

Pick two of your most favourite badge designs. How easy was that.

Looking for a result, you'll have to wait 14 days.  :o  :o
Aren't I a bastard. ;D  It may get shortened but I wanted to make sure those that are on vacation or deciding late get a chance to cast a vote without being influenced by the count.You may change your mind before poll closes I think.

After this poll and the wording poll, no mucking about.  The most popular badges should be polled again. A very quick single vote, badge chosen, wording chosen, then see how many interested.

Here's your choices again;  Once again, Keep in mind the draft nature of the drawings and everything else that was said in the 10 other pages.  Cheers.

A  B  C  D
E  F  G  H
I      J  K  L
M  N  O  P
Q  R  S   T
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Mforcer

I still think that all the car images are far too detailed and an outline image similar to this sites logo is necessary for the small scale on a badge.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

oscar

Quote from: Michel on 12 February 2007, 12:07 AM
Can We Add One More Option?
I recall asking for that..
And that is:

Badge L (as you see it, colors and all) with the car from P (better outline)

Oh sheeeet! I do remember you asking and that's when I came up with Q. Oooahh! My mistake

I shall work on it

Mforcer, I agree mostly ;)

This issue fits in the -draft nature of the drawings and everything else that was said in the 10 other pages- quote from my first post  :) There's so many points people raised I couldn't list them all.  But I tend to agree with Michel too, believing that photoetching or lasers can produce good detail.  I also imagine metallic lines between detail and colour boundaries much like our radiator badges.  This will also limit detail.

For the moment though, take the car images as general representations of a w116 shape. Whatever badge gets selected, with or without car, still needs to be drawn properly. 

Mforcer

I have taken the image as a general representation :) My only concern is that from a distance the car on the badge will be unclear.

I do think it is fantastic work on the badges so far!
Michael
2006 B200

oscar

Quote from: Mforcer on 12 February 2007, 01:11 AM
My only concern is that from a distance the car on the badge will be unclear.

That's fair enough, only bold lines and basic detail will show the 116 shape from a few feet back. That may be the best.  Contrast will come into it as well.  When I put them all together I stood back from the screen looking at the thumbnails trying to evaluate their appearance.  But I reckon I could spot a w116 if it was parked on the International Space Station.

EDIT:

Michel!! After rereading your request, I simply added P's car to L.  So now L has changed rather than adding a new badge. It makes a big difference. One could assume that any badges with cars would have a similar appearnce to this type of outline.  Cheers.

BTW can anyone else see the results.  I couldn't see them before but now I can. I didn't want to know the tally until the end.  I'll have to stop looking.

oscar

how the bloody hell.... :o  I thought  I set the results to be shown after the poll finished ??? Did someone change it or did I just stuff up >:(.

Oh well, should I run a poll to see if I should make the results private again. :-\ ::)

WGB

I changed my vote - because Superman told me.

Bill

Mforcer

Quote from: oscar on 12 February 2007, 07:30 AM
how the bloody hell.... :o  I thought  I set the results to be shown after the poll finished ??? Did someone change it or did I just stuff up >:(.

Oh well, should I run a poll to see if I should make the results private again. :-\ ::)

That was me Admin. Should we ask Admin to change it back?
Michael
2006 B200

oscar

Nah.  Too many have seen it now to change.  We'll leave it transparent.

koan

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 12 February 2007, 07:12 AM

I look at the vote results, and I'm in shock, shame on you, never have I seen such a group disagree on something so simple, so much ....  :P

Patrick. it's a shame you didn't submit a design incorporating the star and circle, and featuring a pair of humongous kadungas, it would have got my vote :)

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

500eguy

These badges look good:)

oscar

A  B  C  D
E  F  G  H
I      J  K  L
M  N  O  P
Q  R  S   T

Hi people,

On to a new page and half way thru the poll, we've got 20 voters.   With a few double orders, I'd say a minimum 25 order placement is very likely.  ;D

Three things I'd like to mention. 

From the moment T was first posted in the orignal grill badge thread, it was envisioned that borders and writing would appear in gold/brass colour too.  After playing with photoshop I managed to colour the writing in so I've changed that badge to reflect this. It's more representative of how the badge will look.  I still can't draw an inner and outer brass coloured rings which will bound the blue section.  All badges are supposed to have such borders and whilst Andrew drew them in originally, my prowess at photoshopping managed to obliterate them.

Secondly, whilst learning a few more tricks in photoshop, inspired by Andrew's latest 116 creations and observing the two most popular badges I came up with another combining both.  I voted for H and T but was a bit worried that there may not be enough contrast for the 116 shape to be visible in H so I applied the 116 shape and colour to T.  My issues with including it in the poll are:

-I'm not to sure that it would be ethical to be included in the poll at this stage.
-I think part of the reason people have voted for T, and S for that matter, is that apart from looking good most of these voters don't want the 116 shape included.
-My last issue is technical.  With dimples in the background, I'm not sure how the 116 shape and lines will transfer from artwork to the real badge.

The third thing I'd like to mention is that I'm going to contact the badgemaker Arnie Brown to get some input on the technical issues on the leading badges so far, pricing, delivery and payment options etc.

FWIW, here's my latest conglomeration based on the popularity of H and T
Please give some feedback on whether I should just forget about it, play fair and leave the poll alone - or - is it worth replacing one of the nill vote badges with this one.  Cheers, Simon.

Tomi

hello fellows,
nice badges. I voted for the last 2. I'm not in favor of the ones that have the german flag, for some reason that does not apeal. Also the car from the side looks nice, but not original, wrong tire profile and looks tuned or lowered.
The simple ones are best.
well I would buy one anyway.
regards, Tomi

oscar

26th Feb it closes,

Realistically, we're still a fair few weeks away, maybe two months away from getting the final badge.

HoWeVeR!!!

Wheels are in motion behind the scenes.   I received an email from Arnie Brown today.  I sent a few pics of MB badges with dimples and the leading badges in the poll to get some technical advice like, whether the dimples can be reproduced, plus a few other q's on payment, pricing and shipping.  I'm expecting more news next week.

Re my latest badge.  I like your thoughts Tomi.  Whilst I like the car, T is growing on me.  So it'll stay put for the moment.

On a humourous note;  I thought to myself, we could do a commemorative badge next year that would have more appeal. 

25 years since the first W116 was built 1973-2008 ::)

Mforcer

Quote from: oscar on 17 February 2007, 05:38 PM
On a humourous note;  I thought to myself, we could do a commemorative badge next year that would have more appeal. 

25 years since the first W116 was built 1973-2008 ::)

I thought my car was 30 years old this year :P
Michael
2006 B200