News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

Opportunity comes knocking...

Started by John Hubertz, 03 March 2008, 03:14 PM

John Hubertz

Styria's defection and obvious choice to either clone (with or without assist, no animosity, just... interesting).... a competing 116 site tells me it is time to.....

KEEP THE MULTIETHNIC MULTIGENDER MULTIATTITUDE MULTIWONDERFUL global emphasis of THIS forum going by spreading the WORD both in and out of Australia.

Thus (raises right hand)  (oops, places beer neatly next to coaster)  *ahemm

THUS  I solemnly swear to tell at least TWO sellers of 116s that appear rationally priced AND post on at least 1 other forum EACH month in an effort to gain additional mid-western USA participation in this fine and august committee.

I CALL ON YOU, MY FELLOW CITIZENS to rise from your easy (or uneasy, vis-a-vis those of married persuasion) chairs  AND DO THE SAME!!!!

MAKE a commitment ! 

then.....................

HONOR your pledge!!! 

and let's GET US SOME YOUNG MEAT TO TRY OUR UNTESTED THEORIES OF MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR SO WE DON'T DRILL UNNECESSARY HOLES IN OUR OWN CARS!!!!

John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]

Big_Richard

Quote from: John Hubertz on 03 March 2008, 03:14 PM
Styria's defection and obvious choice to either clone (with or without assist, no animosity, just... interesting).... a competing 116 site tells me it is time to.....

All the man cares about is dollars and cents - you may occasionally get free advice from him, but it will always be a gentle reminder of something he has on sale or can offer. If you take his advice and end up buying else where at a much cheaper price, all of a sudden hes not such a wonderful caring guy. Hes a souless business in every sense of the words, he's no one's friend and money is his only language. I cant and never will respect people like that and I'm not the only one that sees him in this way. Lets keep the free flow of information alive on this forum and bring it back to a happy place.  ;D

John Hubertz

Aye, but how about a few signed-on promises to market the site.  OK - how about ONE ebay ask for decent cars - once a quarter, and ONE mention on another board.

I'm thinking a hispanic html portal might be good, and a translator button for the diverse linqual crowd now forming.

I'd rather read "Son hung after arrest"   (suspended after school detention) then miss the possible info, pricing support, parts etc.\

Come on, who's also pimping the site?  Talk it up if you are an internet oriented person.

Achtung!!!!   Das ist der Ooooooooooouurterrrzzzzz,  DUMKOPFS  !!!!  (don't speak any German)

Comeon....  let's gather the faithful !
John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]

Mforcer

I've been pimping this site for a long time :D I'll be pimping this site for a long time to come!
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

bahnstormer109

No matter how many forums you create, theres only so many times you can talk about the same things.

i already know what will be on the other forum:

"6.9 on ebay"
"need towbar for 6.9"
"6.9 getting painted"
"6.9 fuel consumption"
"drove the 6.9 today"
"why doesnt anyone care about my 280S??"
etc etc

its even got a lot of the same people on it.

i like it here so im staying here. if anything the new forum has made me want to contribute more HERE.

im on here almost every night, even if i dont write much.

Paolo,
Brisbane, Australia.

72 300SEL 3.5
84 280CE
86 560SEL
86 230TE

Martin 280s

Quote from: bahnstormer109 on 10 March 2008, 03:48 AM
No matter how many forums you create, theres only so many times you can talk about the same things.

i already know what will be on the other forum:

"6.9 on ebay"
"need towbar for 6.9"
"6.9 getting painted"
"6.9 fuel consumption"
"drove the 6.9 today"
"why doesnt anyone care about my 280S??"
etc etc

its even got a lot of the same people on it.

i like it here so im staying here. if anything the new forum has made me want to contribute more HERE.

im on here almost every night, even if i dont write much.

You know, I think Paolo has got a point. Even though there might have been a jab at me there...not that I really care.

Although, I've PMed other about this and factions do happen. I prefer this forum as it is model specific. I thought strange the W116 and W107 to be on the same forum but hey, I'd be happy with a w116/w124 forum!

Andrew280SEL

Quote from: Martin 280s on 10 March 2008, 08:34 AM

I prefer this forum as it is model specific. I thought strange the W116 and W107 to be on the same forum but hey, I'd be happy with a w116/w124 forum!

Hmm, I personally thought it made sense, at least in my mind.

I guess because I always thought of the W107 as a sporty version of the W116  ;)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

bahnstormer109

Hey Martin,

it was just a bit tongue-in-cheek  ;D

i wasnt thinking of anyone in particular.
Paolo,
Brisbane, Australia.

72 300SEL 3.5
84 280CE
86 560SEL
86 230TE

116Benz

Andrew is pretty much on the money with the 107 being the 2 door 116. When the 107 was released in 71, it was supposed to be the forerunner to the next generation of models. styling cues like tail lights, door handles. In Mercedes design speak, they have whats called "horizontal affinity", certain lines in the car, like the crease in the metal from front indicator to rear indicator, the lower rub strips etc all point to what the next model will follow. Same style of R129 and W140, and if I remember right the R230 SL and the W220.