News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Melbourne and Vic meet...

Started by koan, 29 July 2011, 09:12 AM

koan

Does any one in Melbourne or Victoria (or further afield) feel like a winter meet?

Nothing special, just meet up in park somewhere for some none-http based interaction.

Think we tried this once before, of the three men and the dog who said they turn up only the dog made it.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

powerglide

When I had a finnie I found out that the small circle of afficianados diminished until there were almost none. Fast forward.  Looking for a replacement, I skipped the NG and went straight to a W116. Why? - No rear swing arms to get out of alignment, a/c, ps etc on almost all examples, same space as a finnie, good performance, handling, ride, steering, brakes, and lots of protection if things get out of hand. So here I am, re-living the finnie experience, pretending to ignore the sideway glances, smiling when I drive my W116, and like most W116 owners, still looking for a better one.

I live in Melbourne, and although I don't like dogs (I try to run over them, and cats, too), I am curious to meet someone who thinks Joyce Barnaby is hot. I'd be interested to learn more about 6.9s, too.  There is a nice park called Hayes' Paddock with lots of parking space off Kilby Road. When I get over this lurgie that gives me time to write stuff like this.
Powerglide

koan

OK that's two of us. I'll bring my Joyce Barnaby scrapbook.

koan

powerglide

Powerglide

koan

How dare you talk about the woman I love in that way!

koan

powerglide

Sorry - it kinda slipped out.
Powerglide

carl888

koan

Well that's three of us, any more takers?

koan

carl888

Koan, some time back I suggested we could me at the richmond wshop, offer still stands if you like.

CJ.

carl888

koan

Your place or the suggested park is fine by me, or anywhere else for that matter.

What day and time suits?

I'll kick off with Sunday 14 August 11 AM.

koan

carl888

johnj

Where are we going to meet   I will be there with 6.9.

koan

Quote from: carl888 on 04 August 2011, 06:34 PM
Done, so that's two of us!

powerglide, koan, carl888 and johnj makes 4.

carl's garage sounds good because it has a roof.

The numbers are building, could be a record.

koan

powerglide

Sun 14 Aug @ 11:00am is good for me, but I need to know where to come. Richmond is 10 mins for me. I can bring incomplete 350SE or complete 280SE leaking fluids all over the place. U can call me on 0418 510 964.
Powerglide