News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Melbourne and Vic meet...

Started by koan, 29 July 2011, 09:12 AM

powerglide

Uh, you could be right, Major Tom, coz last time we met (winter solstice, near enough) it was in SWAN Street that we took such excellent coffee.  This time it'll be near the summer solstice and might be in SWAN Street again (no Banana or Crow Streets I know of here).  Sydney's pretty good, and the FC there (formerly South Melbourne) is called the SWANS.

Never been to Perth, so I have to rely on trustworthy opinion.  We were thinking of visiting Albany sometime in the W140, so is Perth worth the extra distance, then?
Powerglide

Big_Richard

TJ 450

I reckon every city would be a ghost town if there were no work. :-X

But yes indeed, there wouldn't be much happening here if it wasn't for the resources sector. 8)

I love it though, I moved from Sydney which I thought was the biggest hole in the universe (in my opinion of course, and I was born there). I'd live in Melbourne if I was moving back to the East Coast for a hectic lifestyle.

If I was driving over to Albany, I'd do the loop back up to Perth and across to Kalgoorlie/Boulder. You've got to see the whole South West IMO, and if you're driving up to Perth you can cut across to Augusta/Margaret River so long as there aren't any fires... It's a stunning part of the world. 8)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

koan

I've been to Perth a couple of times, just three day trips with work, this was in the '80s, probably changed a lot now,

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

powerglide

OK guys, are we meeting, and if so, when? 7th may not be hot and the crowds will still be under canvass by the sea, a long, long distance away.  If we leave it to the 14th, we could find ourselves back in a hot cycle. 

Carl, is the previous venue going to be OK?
Powerglide

carl888

Hi All,

Sorry guys, I can't do the 7th. but the 14th. is no problem.  Can meet anywhere, but you are welcome to meet at the wshop last last time if you like?

CJ.

koan

adamb

Just saw the pics. Oh boy, you lot are a bunch ugly muthers  :o But when our forthcoming London meet pics come through I doubt we'll win beauty contest photos either ;)

carl888

Ok, then, it's Koan and me kicking around in the shop for starters.

I've just assumed that your OK to meet at the workshop, otherwise am happy to meet at another location, coffee dependant :)

I'll be there most of the day, but shall we say 10:30am or if that doesn't suit, open to suggestions.

carl888

Guys, I'm sorry but I am going to have to postpone the day I'm afraid.  A family matter has come up at short notice that I must attand to.  How about the following weekend, same place?

koan

Think we should postpone it till Feb, need a few more people to put their hands up, maybe too soon after the festivities.

Also start a new thread to remove possible confusion about new posts being about a new meet and not the last one

koan

robertd

Hi Guys,
I'm in, might be the last chance to show off Silverardo as I have listed it on carsales. Sorry about that!
Carl I'm good for the Sunday the 15th Jan?
Cheers
Robert
116   1978 450SEL 6.9 #  4848
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 5884
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 6225  SOLD
116   1978 450SEL  6.9 # 5128  SOLD
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 5884  SOLD
116   1974 450SEL  DJet

koan

What's happening with the proposed Melb meet, interest seems to have faded.

I can't make it on the 21st due to a birthday.

koan

carl888

Hi Koan,

Perhaps most people just agreed with your Feb suggestion!

I am OK for Feb.

Unless we should just make a date now and people will have to work around it.

Regards,

Carl.

powerglide

Feb gives me a better chance of attending.
Powerglide