MBCV 2008 Concours d'Elegance Sunday 2nd March at Flemington Racecourse

Started by BIG 450, 31 January 2008, 03:16 AM

BIG 450

Quote from: oscar on 31 January 2008, 07:37 PM
BTW, does one have to be in a club to display/park alongside/compete,or do non members have to park outside?  Not to fussed about competing because by the time I get there, the 350 will be covered in bugs and filled with Burger King wrappers ::)  Hardly in concourse shape.

You don't need to be a member of the car club to show your car, you just need to be early to get a spot with the other s-class cars. Plus you need to pay the entry fee, forgot what it was but I think its $15 or $20 per car. Ditto for the concours but the concours fee is on top of the entry fee. The category for non-members cars in the Visitors category according to the registration documents.

Paul
'79 450 SEL 6.9

OzBenzHead

Quote from: 450SEL69 on 31 January 2008, 07:58 AMfrom reading the idiot from tasmanias posts he wouldnt know a good car if it jumped up and bit him on the nose, talk about fools and their money soon parting 

450SEL69: Criticise the car as much as you like, but how dare you post a personal insult on one of our long-standing (23 months, 1,784 posts) members. Even if your stature on this forum came somewhere near matching Des's, it would not entitle you (7 months, 53 posts) to make that attack. Completely out of line; that's not how we operate here.   :(

Wash your mouth out with soap!
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

oscar

I'm no saint when it comes to staying on topic, but would there be any objections to splitting this thread into the Vic Concourse GTG and the other issue  ??

Don't wish to have any post deleted, just seperated into two threads.   I'm keen to meet a few Vic members plus go to the concourse and this thread isn't going to help with the direction it's going.  Tah ;)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

johnj

May I say  I joined the  MBCV,  And was treated in much the same way
       By the members , including meetings that I had an invitation to attend
       Needless to sale i am no longer a member 
                                                                  johnj

SELfor50

Quote from: 450SEL69 on 31 January 2008, 06:06 PM
Quote from: BC on 31 January 2008, 04:07 PM
Quote from: 450SEL69 on 31 January 2008, 07:58 AM
Quote from: 13B on 31 January 2008, 07:47 AM
I own Des' old car now... #5440... never heard of this blue mountains cars I'm afraid

from reading the idiot from tasmanias posts he wouldnt know a good car if it jumped up and bit him on the nose, talk about fools and their money soon parting

This is a totally inappropriate post. An apology is in order.
Regards,
BC

why is everyone ohhing and arring over this car, if i should be sorry for telling the truth on crooks who patched up a bomb to sell then so be it.

450SEL69,
I bought a 450SEL with 153,000km's on the clock (280 speedo/fake), a 6.9 badge on the boot (fake!!), sh!thouse paint, timing chain rattling and no rubber on the tyres for $300.

I put a speedo in with 450,000km's on the clock, pranged it on the racetrack, burnt even more rubber and now i'm offering it to you @ the reduced price of $5,999.00!!!

Think about it for a minute.... If you do buy it, you could then say, that lovable piece of sh!t you just bought was a Team 116 car!!  Bargain I say...

I have another couple people interested, so don't take too long to get back to me.   ;)

That $300, plus the amounting (at least) $10K i've spent on it so far (no that doesn't include petrol!) is the most enjoyable money i've ever spent!!
No price on satisfaction and satisfaction differs through personal taste.

On topic:  I'd love to make it down for the concourse but will be in Sydney that day/night for a gig.

robertd

Lets stay COOL guys!
I have been a  member of MBCV for the last 7 years, I wouldn't miss the concourse for anything!
It is a great day out, many different interesting cars to check out and the best collection of classic Mercs
you would ever come across. probably the most 6.9's in the one place at the same time.
The members of MBCV have always put on a good show and I have found them to be a very helpful
and friendly lot.
The only issue for me will be ' which car to take' ?
Looking forward to meeting some of the 116 mob
We will need to wear something to identify each other?
Regards Robert
116   1978 450SEL 6.9 #  4848
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 5884
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 6225  SOLD
116   1978 450SEL  6.9 # 5128  SOLD
116   1979 450SEL  6.9 # 5884  SOLD
116   1974 450SEL  DJet

BIG 450

Hi all,

Just a quick update on the Concours from last nights MBCV Monthly Meeting. The RACV entry price is $10 per car, I am told it's a flat rate so the car can be fully loaded with people and it's still $10.

Now as our Concours director encouraged, rather than pay your $10 and park with the general public, pay your $10 and drive in with your W116 (or other Mercedes you might bring) to park with the Mercedes Club. Your more than welcome to. There are other clubs on display and as a club we do get a real good feeling when we get a huge turn out and I have a sly grin on my face when the number of S-Class cars outnumber those half-car SL's 2 to one  ;D

Regards
Paul

'79 450 SEL 6.9

oscar

Guys, when and where should I turn up??  I'm trying to work out logistics from my end.  Not a club member, do we all park together or do the competing cars park elsewhere? 

13B

How to Identify 13B at the concourse:

White T-shirt: Give Me An Eight (as in V8)
Blue Cap: Mainfreight
wandering around with multiple SLR cameras
or Listen out for loud 6.9 exhaust note in the car park.

I.
450SEL 6.9 #5440 = V MB 690 , 450SE # 43094 = 02010 H , 190E/turbo # 31548 = AOH 68K

oscar

My pink shirt wont be ready by then :D 

I just found a couple more links.  8:30am is when the gates open for display cars.   There's no way I'll get there that soon so since the public gates open at 10am, that might be a bit more realistic for me.  I might have to stay in the public car park though. :-[

http://www.aomc.asn.au/B&Eshow08.htm

Site Map
http://www.aomc.asn.au/images/B&Eplan08.pdf

carl888

Hi All,

Maybe we can have a little get together on Sunday?  I'm bringing two cars, a W126 280 SE reg: 888 308 and the W116 280 SE for the concour reg: LVB 061 so I'll be hanging around those two vehicles.  Number is 0413 876 435 if you want to give me a call.

Here is my pic so you can see how gorgeous I am  ;D

Regards,

Carl.

13B

QuoteMy pink shirt wont be ready by then

Will oscarette be in hers?? as per your avatar?
450SEL 6.9 #5440 = V MB 690 , 450SE # 43094 = 02010 H , 190E/turbo # 31548 = AOH 68K

oscar

With a bit of luck, oscarette wont be coming.  Sounds harsh I know but if she comes, the kids come and if the kids come that means I have to swap the rear seats out for ones with padding from the yellow 280.  Although they're the same colour, I couldn't live with a sewn pleat versus moulded pleat look between front and rear seats, so I'd have to swap out the fronts as well.  OMG, all this effort and I'm not even competing. :D

Seeing how the event finishes at 3:00pm and Carl recieves his first prize award just after 2:00pm ;D a drink, beer, coffee, afterwards I'll be up for it.  We'll see what happens, I'll be RS after my trip so I'll go with the flow.

carl888

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the good wishes, I am ready for the assault on Flemington :)

Regards,

Carl.

oscar

Wow, again ::)

I am so not ready for tomorrow. Been polishing, cleaning and spannering throughout the day and I've given up.  I can't do anymore than what's been done.  The most disappointing thing is how bad the paint is becoming.  Even oscarette noticed it too when I got home. :(

My advice, park next to me if I get there early enough.  They'll scoff at mine and drool all over yours.  Mine looks good in the pic, but it's got so far to go before I'm happy with it.  You'll see.  What's more, whilst setting RPM's and tuning the 350 for the drive tomorrow (today now) :-\ one rocker I think is intermittently making way too much noise.   I'll still be there and if the 350 sh*ts itself whilst in Melb and there's a 6.9 for sale at the show and the seller accepts credit card, I may be coming home in a different 116. ;D

To make matters worse, that black Ford POS next to my car has its driver's door lock jammed with the window stuck open.  I've spent the last hour unsuccessfully trying to fix it.

See you guys in the morning.