News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

MB meetings in Romania

Started by Andrew116, 13 April 2007, 04:52 AM

Andrew116

Seeing that a MB forum existed in Romania... I proposed meetings.
So this year we allready had 3.
Here are some pics from the last one: (sadly, the w116 was on a 1200 km trip at that time)

http://www.benzclub.tk/

s class

Andrew,

Well done for taking the initiative and organising the meetings!. 

Thanks for the photos - it looks very cold there!

Ryan

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

oscar

Hi Andrew, thanks for sharing.  Where was the meet at?  And who did you lend your car to?  >:( ;D
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Andrew116

The meeting was like the rest, at "Sala Polivalenta" (that's a big concert hall with lots of parking zones ;))
I didn't lend the car to anyone. My cousin was driving it... we bought the car together as a daily driver (we are associates  8))
But, for this not to repeat, I am about to buy a w115 in allmost good condition, wich has a w123 engine, the 240D.
Low milage for the engine, allmost rust free, nice interior (sucks though because is in 2 colours  ::)).
The price is around 1,100-1,200 Euros, depending on what I find wrong (it was rebuilt by a good friend of mine who by the way has a w116 350SE and a 350SEL, and 3 w123, and 5 w114 and 4 w115 between these is found a nice 230E automatic, 6 inline, 2 double carbs and ... that's enough)  :D

oscar

A w115 :o ?

240D is 4 cylinder as well?  Nothing in common with a w116  ;)

I'm surprised at the price, but then again, most 114/115's I see on ebay here are usually bombs.  The good ones I don't see for sale all that much.

That's an interesting collection your friend has.  Of course the 350se and 350sel got my attention :D  but the 230E with double carb sounds interesting too.

Andrew116

Well as the subject says... more pics.
Quote from: styria on 24 April 2007, 08:44 PM
Only problem-no women in your pics.
The pictures load in 3 steps... so please be pacient ::)
And look closer... there are 3 g-friends in the pics (and another 2 behind the cameras  :D )

Hands in the air... oops... I meant HOODS IN THE AIR!!!

Lined up and ready to... stay a little longer for the model shoot  ;D

And... another one (just for posterity)

Is that a V8  ??? YES, she replied... I have the biggest engine here (that's the w123 560SEL speaking  ::) )

And finaly... my 116  ;) - just been inspected by a kitty... you can see the paw marks on the hood  >:(

Don't be mad... I know the star is missing but that's because I'm polishing it  ;D

That's me taking pictures... I know by baby is dirty but it just arrived from a long road (snow included) and had no time to clean it.

Group hug.... aaaa... photo  :-[

And if you wonder... that's me!!! In the left... yeah the ugly one  ;D with the black T-shirt that says: "Loyal to none" - except my Mercedes  ;)

More to come next month... 25 cars announced including years '35 '50 '60 '70 and more  ;D

Martin 280s

Get turn out Andrew! Loved the pics, especially the one of the w116 plus paw prints! :)

Andrew116

Quote from: Martin 280s on 25 April 2007, 07:30 AM
Get turn out Andrew! Loved the pics, especially the one of the w116 plus paw prints! :)
Just wait until I find the matching colour si I can paint the AMG spoiler and install it  ;D
Then you'll see what is what  :D

oscar

I agree Andrew.  I haven't seen an AMG spoiler on a 280 yet, so you'll possibly be the worlds first  ;D  ;D

Hope you guys had a good time, looks like the meet is going to get bigger each time. 

Brian Crump

looks like you all had a GR8 time - thanks for the photos  ;D
Regards,
BC

Andrew116

Thanks Oscar and BC...  ;D

Quote from: oscar on 25 April 2007, 09:02 AM
I haven't seen an AMG spoiler on a 280 yet, so you'll possibly be the worlds first  ;D  ;D

I'm not sure about the "first" stuff... but it sure would be nice, wouldn't it? I tested the arrangement... just slide it under the grill, snapped it over the front wings, and it stood there without anything holding it... it suits great and it's not in front of anything... wheel turn is also no problem... plenty of space ;D

Andrew116

A short movie of our latest MB meeting, here in Romania...
Over 30 cars present, including 4 w116, one of them (the one that has the AMG spoiler), beeing my ex-car, now my cousin's. I'm about to go on a restauring project of next 116  ;)
Pics coming soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67QfhWfPTQg

OzBenzHead

Andrew: Many thanks for the vid and pix - always enjoyable to watch others enjoying their Benzes.
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

oscar

Hey Andrew, good work. Thanks for sharing

I saw the AMG spoiler.  So you gave the 280 to your cousin eh?? 

What was the car that was stripped?  Was it a w114, it didn't look like a w116, but I'm probably wrong.  Give a little more on your next project.  Is it another 280?

Andrew116

Quote from: oscar on 28 May 2007, 09:30 AM
So you gave the 280 to your cousin eh?? 
Was it a w114, it didn't look like a w116, but I'm probably wrong. 
Is it another 280?

1. YES - It was sort of our company car... so it remained his (I need car today... I need it most ... bla bla bla :D)
2. YES - My new aquisition (1,000 Euros - very good condition - new 220Diesel engine from a w123 - 28,000 km)
3. YES - Found one without the engine&gearbox... The car is in perfect shape (In/Out) = 250 Euros + engine&gearbox from my friend the Dok (117,000 real Km) wich is 250 + work (free)

So I will have a new 116 wich including repaint and papers will get me to 800-900 Euros

As soon as I'll start the work on the car I'll keep you posted  ;D

Have a nice day,

Andrew in Romania