News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

January Drive

Started by Brian Crump, 20 December 2006, 07:39 PM

Brian Crump

Well folks - it's  time to start thinking about a Drive Day in January for the people who live in NSW - and anyone else is welcome to join. (Perth to Sydney is just short blast across the Nullabor...Adelaide is even closer as the crow flies...) I'm happy to organise it if we have people interested. Day trip or weekend? Navigation rally? Economy run? No, Oscar, we are NOT coming to help you renovate!!!!!
Open to ideas - can we please have a show of hands for those interested?
Regards,
Brian

Mforcer

My hand is up...

I would be interested in a day drive (half year reporting season makes it difficult to do any more). A navigation run could be fun!
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

johnj

HI Brian  yes I wil try to be there  MY merc needs a good run
    please let me know a little time before hand. AS my car is on club rego
    I will need to get permit     johnj

oscar

Quote from: Brian Crump on 20 December 2006, 07:39 PM
No, Oscar, we are NOT coming to help you renovate!!!!!

:'( I understand. :D
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

Oscar - I know you are the silent sensitive type of motorist... ::).....it's just that we would make lousy carpenters etc...
I do hope you will come down for it? You may well need a break by then.
What about Sunday the 14th of January as a suggestion? We can change if it does not suit people.
Any takers from WA/VIC/SA/QLD/ACT?
Regards,
Brian

Brian Crump

If 14th Jan suits people I am thinking of a day's run to somewhere for lunch with bit of an observation test on the way to add some interest - maybe a Hunter Valley lunch? Then a navigation run in March -just so we have an excuse to drive and talk. What about a 116 Convention somewhere in September or so - we pick a place and give people lots of notice.... Temora air museum might be good - or a meeting in the Barossa Valley? (Hunter and Barossa Velleys are wine growing areas for the information of our comrades overseas).
By the way - a run in the country does NOT limit people to a 116 - if you have something else you want to drive that would be good too. I love organisations without too many rules!!! Anarchy rulez!!
Regards,
Brian

Brian Crump

Peats Ridge sounds good.
Regarding September, it seems I will be in Madrid then so a bad choice of times.
Regards,
Brian

AMG69

Styria
my wife and I will be in Europe from mid September to mid October 2007; Conference in Paris around 4-8 October; otherwise holidaying; can you advise when the Classic Days event is?
cheers
Chris
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Brian Crump

Peats Ridge 14th Jan. How many takers? It does not need to be a 116....
BC

Brian Crump

Good place to meet - come on guys - we know you are there and want to do it!!!! Worth it just to see the Gleaming Beauty!!!
BC

Mforcer

Michael
2006 B200

Mforcer

Hey Brian (or Styria),

Has the plan been formalised? Still thinking of meeting at the old Toll gates on the Pacific Highway, Berowra? What time? Where will we be having lunch? Or will we just see what we find? So many questions :) Should be a great drive :)
Michael
2006 B200

Brian Crump

Yes - we are on.
Let's meet at the old toll gates at Berowra at 10 am and drive to the Styria Tea Rooms at Peats Ridge. Styria knows where they are (are they still there?)
Have to confess, Berowra is not my patch of turf, so can someone advise where the old toll gates are?
Oscar-  are you coming?
So far only 3 of us so are there any more?
Regards,
Brian

oscar

Unfortunately no.  >:(  Nat picked up a shift on the Saturday and consequently got poked in the eyes.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

Eeeeeewwwww!!! I hope Nat is OK?
BC