News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

I lost my W116.Org grill badge!

Started by MB_Mike, 15 April 2010, 10:43 AM

MB_Mike

I purchased one of the forums grill badges 2-3 years ago and wasn't ready to have it get marred by the elements on my grill, so I placed it somewhere for safekeeping. So safe in fact, I can't even find it.  :(
1987 Home market 560 SEL

1980450sel

You can get W116.org grill badges? :o I did not know that. Are they still available?

Scott

oscar

I'm pretty sure they've all gone.  I bought a couple of spares but sad to say I've done what Mike's done.  It's gonna take a good spring clean to find em.

Here's what they looked like.

1973 350SE, my first & fave

macatron

A screw came off of each of the two I bought.   :(  Now, they ride on my tool chest.

oscar

The threads came off?  I haven't experienced this but I've hardly put them on, so the threads haven't seen much use. That's disappointing to hear. Any chance of fixing them?
1973 350SE, my first & fave

WGB

I too have a spare - somewhere.

My original is still mounted happily on my 6.9 with no thread failure problems.

Bill

s class

When mounting them its important not to tighten the nuts down too tight.  I made mine basically only finger tight, but with loctite to keep them there.

I've had one on my daily driver 280SE for years now.  No problems, even with bad roads, and opening and closing (banging) the bonnet. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Nutz

anyone still have their w116 yahoo one?

MB_Mike

116 yahoo one?! thats got to be a collectors item  ;) if someone still has it please post a pic. and if someone wants to sell it, let me know.
1987 Home market 560 SEL

Nutz

Yeah, they had a group badge sale  like 5 years ago at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mercedesw116/ which a lot of members here migrated from including myself.

WGB

I must have missed that one.

Bill

flutes

I think some of the newer members to the forum (such as me) would be interested in a new batch.  I'm sure I could find this by clicking on the search button but (I'm feeling lazy) who organised these originally?
Matt
1977 450SEL

Big_Richard

I think version 2.0 should be redesigned so it fits correctly between the horizontal grill trim strips and with higher quality fixing studs that don't break off with more than a light breeze  8)

TJ 450

One of the screws broke off mine. It still sits nicely on the 450's grille, and is something I'm glad I purchased at the time. It's a shame the car hasn't been driven in six months though.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

MB_Mike

Quote from: flutes on 17 April 2010, 08:51 AM
I think some of the newer members to the forum (such as me) would be interested in a new batch.  I'm sure I could find this by clicking on the search button but (I'm feeling lazy) who organised these originally?

http://forum.w116.org/the-org/buy-a-badge!/

I bet the forum could sell another lot of these easily. I will need one to put on my 280SE, one for a future purchase of a 116 (hopefully a 6.9) and one to hermetically seal in a time capsule buried in a undisclosed location unknown even to me so that I can whine about misplacing it again and add another post to my count when asking for another.
1987 Home market 560 SEL