News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Hello Sydney residents! :-)

Started by frikkie, 26 May 2007, 09:36 AM

frikkie

I have arrived in your beautiful city! :)

i would love to meet some of you during my time here - and see your cars of course! :D

I'm staying in the Crowne Plaza Norwest - don't know if you guys maybe wnat to arrange something to get together during the course of the week? I'll be here till next Sunday eveing - departing for NZ on Monday, back in Sydney on Wednesday.

I'll finally be heading home again Sunday 10 June.

Would love to meet you guys! :)

Brian Crump

Excellent - a get-together would be good. Maybe call Styria as he suggests and Styria can call me etc. Mforcer won't answer this weekend as he and Rforcer are away chasing the sun..
Regards,
BC

oscar

geez Frikkie, wish I knew sooner.   I had this weekend off too.  I'm not in Sydney but I try and get to a GTG if I can.  Hopefully you'll get to meet a few fellas.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Mercules

I will be in Sydney from Tuesday till Thursday evening... count me in!

0408 696 307

frikkie

Cool!

How's about Wednesday night?

I unfortunately do not have access to transport - I don't have an International Driver's Licence. one of my colleagues also here does, and we should have the company car, so I might be able to drag him along. Wednesday night I'm free - maybe we can have a drink or a coffee at the hotel, or maybe go from there to the local drinking holes?

Only really getting to know the place today - did a bit of sightseeing today - the Opera House, the Rocks etc.

This is a beautiful place... but the amount of tolled motorways is staggering! :o

Brian Crump

Wednesday night is OK by me.
What about the rest of us?
Regards,
BC

Mercules

Wednesday is good... may I sugest the Castle Hill Tavern? Is close to Norwest (within staggering distance Frikkie!) and it's quite a nice place (now)

Cam  ;)

frikkie

Yeah, I heard about the Tavern - I'll go check out where it is tomorrow. Staggering distance is good! My company's offices are also right there in the Castle Hill trade area, so that would be perfect.

Sounds great! :) Looking forward to it!

;D I heard that there had been some trouble with a biker gang there recently? :D

OzBenzHead

Quote from: frikkie on 27 May 2007, 02:25 AMI unfortunately do not have access to transport - I don't have an International Driver's Licence.

Frikkie:

Welcome to Oz!  (Sydney is about 800 km south of me, so I'll join you in spirit.)

My understanding of the "international driving licence" is that it holds no water, legally; all you need to legally drive in Oz is a current valid licence from your home country.

I took one of those "international" ones when I went o/s 25 years ago, and every time I produced it - whether for identification or for renting cars - I was told it was useless, and was always asked for my home driver licence.  Likewise, when I was pulled over (for getting confused when changing lanes, driving on the "wrong" side of the road), the cop wanted to see my real licence from home, not the international one.
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

gregdeklerk

Just take some photos for the rest of us!!

Brian Crump

Sounds good Styria. ;D
Photos Greg? Stylists? Lights? Cameras? Paparrazzi? 116 chasers? Oh Man!! :o
Regards,
BC

frikkie

Quote from: styria on 28 May 2007, 01:36 AM
Frikkie, the Crowne Plaza is no more than ten minutes drive from where I live. If you ring and confirm with me, I would be delighted to ferry you in style from the hotel to the Club by way of my "Gleaming Beauty".Same compliment for the return journey, unless you are not able to walk straight after consumption of alcohol. You may then be encouraged to walk !  ;D Everyone is most welcome to attend, whether 116 forum member or otherwise and we are going to have a great night. Regards, Styria

Ah, fantastic Styria - thanks for the kind offer! How can I refuse? :-)

It will be great meeting you guys - all the Sydney folk I've met so far have been great - I've got no doubt Wednesday is going to be great fun!

Greg - I'll take the camera along. Anybody have issues putting their face on the 'Net? No prob if you do - I'll post some without those guys included.

Regards
Hein

gregdeklerk

Thanks Frikkie. You will have to change your location to Aus for the next week!!

Mforcer

Great to see another event taking shape :) although I am not sure of my ability to attend :-\. If I do attend, I doubt I would be able to make the 7pm kick-off. I hope to know more soon.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

frikkie

Quote from: styria on 28 May 2007, 05:39 PM
Hi Frikkie, I do ask that you phone me. At the moment, I don't know what you look like, we need to arrange a time for pick-up etc. etc. (say 6.30). Hope you are enjoying Sydney.Regards, Styria

Hey Michael

I'll give ya a call in the morning. Got your number saved on my mobile - first chance I get in between meetings I'll give you a ring.

Saw a beautiful metallic blue (I think) W116 in northern Sydney earlier tonight - around 6:30, 7:00-ish? Any one here? Looked like an SEL, but couldn't see any other details, as we were travelling in the opposite direction.

Looking forward to meeting all of you tomorrow! :)

Rgds

Hein