News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Hello Sydney residents! :-)

Started by frikkie, 26 May 2007, 09:36 AM

gregdeklerk

Are you boys about to start your festivities?

Mforcer

Are you boys about to start your festivities?
It would be another few hours before the festivities to start... we are not that far advanced in this part of the world :P

I also regret to inform everyone that I will not be able to attend tonight... :'(

However, would anyone in Sydney this weekend care to join Rae and I for dinner/drinks, either Friday or Saturday night? Perhaps in China Town? Or The Rocks?
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

frikkie

And a good time was had by all! :)

Thanks guys, and thanks a mill Styria, for playing my chauffeur for the evening in Gleaming Beauty.

Nice to also meet John, Cam and Brian - thanks guys for a great evening filled with car talk, and good company. Typically petrolhead, the boys couldn't stop talking cars while the ladies just shook their heads at us! :D ;D

I'll post some pics as soon as I can find my camera's download cable... ??? ;) ;D

Brian Crump

Thank you all for a wonderful evening - great company and nice to see some new faces there. I will leave it to Styria to give a full run down on the attendees when he posts the pictures.
Frikkie is a wonderful ambassador for SA - urbane, sophisticated and damned good fun.
Michel joined us with a text message from the sunny French Riviera - why the Riviera is more appealing than Wenty Leagues is beyond my simple mind  :P
Mercules has promised to showcase his Fercedes-Roarer as soon as is finished. I'm encouraging him to enter it in the next Concours. Imagine the look on the judges' faces when they open the bonnet. Mercules has worked out a way to make the Ford motor look like an experimental Benz motor so there could be some fun there.... ;D ;D ;D
Pictures Styria?????
Regards,
BC

gregdeklerk

Quote from: Brian Crump on 30 May 2007, 05:07 PM
Frikkie is a wonderful ambassador for SA - urbane, sophisticated and damned good fun.

BC, we are all like that! ;D

Brian Crump

Well said Styria. Wouldn't it be great if we could get Chris and David onto the Forum too!!

Now, just remember to edit those photos please, before you post them. We don't want the world to know about the naked dancing on the bar, do we????? :o :o :o

Regards,
BC

robgee

Hey guys it sounds like you had a great time I'll have to take time out soon and make the journey to Sydney which is after all my home town I'm a Randwick boy, so hopefully before year ends we can get together, maybe Styria will be talking to me by then .
Regards,
Rob. :D :D

oscar

It'd be good if we could do a half way meet between Sydney and Melbourne and I'm not talking Griffith. :D 

No, somewhere halfway between the two within a short hop to a freeway. - Holbrook maybe?  I'll have to look at a map.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

frikkie

Hi Guys! :)

Finally managed to get my photos downloaded onto the PC! ;D How's that for a competent IT person? :o :D

Anyway, just 3 quickly:

Mercules, styria and Brain Crump:

And, my chauffeur-driven transport for the evening:

courtesy of styria.

Apologies for the photo quality - I didn't bring my SLR from SA due to space constraints, just the Point'nShoot.

Once again, thanks to all for a great evening - the cameraderie is great, and the car-talk fantastic! :)

Mercules

I've got to admit... I could have talked cars with you guys all night - if it wasn't for work the next day and the inevitable effects of alcohol after a long days work, we may have just seen the sun come up!

BC, you have had more cars than I've had loose women  :o  I look forward to more some more automotive jousting with you next time we meet. Frikkie, maybe I will see you in the deathmatch arena holding a rail gun one day? Perpare to be fragged my friend! Styria, you are a gentleman & a scholar... plus that burnout you did out the front was f&%king huge!

I encourage any available forum members to get along to the next meet, what a collection of knowledgeable and witty gentlemen (& ladies) we have here!

I will not be able to make it to Griffith Park this weekend as I am MOVING BACK TO SYDNEY!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D so I will be more available in the future!

Cheers,
Cameron

gregdeklerk

It looks like you boys had a great time. Frikkie, how about some of our gatherings when you get home?

BJ

I will be in George / Mossel Bay somewhere in the next month or so. Anybody close to there?