News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Grille Badge

Started by macatron, 29 December 2006, 07:00 PM

macatron

I know this is a ridiculous obsession but I've always loved grille badges.  I have my MBCA (M-B Club of America) badge and my 250,000km badge direct from M-B.

Has anyone here ever considered having some made to show off their support of our W116s?  I've run across a site that will make 25 for $23.50 USD apiece ($29.81 AUD).  A little pricey I suppose, but worth it for interested parties, I'd think.

nathan

one of the south african guys on the 116 yahoo groups had a batch made, cant remember his name, but he shipped them globally a couple of years ago
regards
nathan
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

oscar

Quote from: Michel on 29 December 2006, 07:58 PM
I didn't know this forum had an 'owner'!
Who is he or she?

His name is admin  ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Mforcer is the brains behind the machine and there was a thread a while back talking about costs or similar, I remember putting my hand up for coffee cups and beer mugs but just tossing around ideas.  How about a w116.org stein!

I think the grille badge is a good idea. I'll get a couple.  There's possibilities for other things too but thumbs up on the badge.  Would you be thinking on the lines of being similar too the club type badges but with w116.org around the bottom?  Something like that?  I know Andrew116 could throw a graphic together of what it would look like (if he's not too busy) ;)

One thing I wont get is a sticker, there's no more space on my rear window that's covered with playboy and brewery stickers, oh and the "back off a'hole" one I added yesterday. :D 
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

Oscar - have you got a Conargo Pub sticker? If not, you ain't a real Riverina Redneck yet!!!
I'l put my hand up for a bonnet badge -or a 116 Gin and Tonic glass.
Regards,
BC

Brian Crump

OOPS!!! Grille Badge. Result of a GnT I think....
BC

oscar

Quote from: Brian Crump on 30 December 2006, 03:30 AM
Oscar - have you got a Conargo Pub sticker? If not, you ain't a real Riverina Redneck yet!!!

:D  I had no idea anyone else on the forum knew about Conargo Pub and the mandatory sticker.  I'm impressed.  There's also another sticker - "Carrathool Pub" halfway between Griffith and Hay.  I could quite easily duck down the street right now and find a few utes with the complete collection.  You know, I think there's an unwritten rule as to which sticker goes where.

Brian Crump

Oscar - you have never asked me where I grew up.....and it's too late now cos I am not telling...
BC

oscar

Quote from: Brian Crump on 30 December 2006, 04:42 AM
Oscar - you have never asked me where I grew up.....and it's too late now cos I am not telling...
BC

I'd guess somewhere very flat and dusty ::) Covers a lot of territory doesn't it.  :) Some people I've come across absolutely love it.  I prefer a bit more geography myself.

macatron

Well all,

I don't have too much graphics experience but if I could get some time this week, perhaps I could put something together...  I at least know some people that could help me.

I will see if I can't come up with something formal soon but since we all congregate at this site, I was thinking of something that would tie in to this.  I would think the badge should be a standard 3" diameter round badge (76.2mm) with two studs on the back for mounting through the grille.

Around the edge of the badge would say something like "International W116 Enthusiasts Group - The First S Class" and then a logo in the center...

Again, the price would be $23.50 USD and $29.81 AUD not including shipping...  However, I work for a company that gets a great discount on international shipping so it should be fairly reasonable...

johnj

Fantastic   please count me in  johnj

Des

Just putting forward some ideas, but something based on this sort of design would be nice:

I think the gold is a bit tacky though, have it in silver, with "w116.org" across the top, keep the oakleaves down the side and maybe "W116 owners group" down the bottom half,

oscar

There's so many to decide from.  A grille badge with Des example in silver would match the below-the-hood-star-badge .  I've no idea what it should look like but here's some other ideas/examples.  I had thought the idea of a silhouette of a 116 in the middle and I found a similar gullwing one. 

Anyway, not to sway opinion, apply the w116 international theme to the following.  I'll go with the majority, just trying to make the decision more difficult. ;D

hoddo

kinda  off topic but If anyone would like to put together a club shirt i have a screen printing biz and could do it cheap.
heres a few links of prints I have done for fun

http://forum.mbspares.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=300

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=s4sale;action=display;num=1045721795;start=20

you might notice both these thread generated more funny repys than orders for shirts  lol

oscar

Hi Hoddo,

I looked at your pics when you posted, just curious if you need group orders or can you do one-offs?   Are they screen printed or heat transfer?  How about hats?  I'd think about a custom print perhaps if I could come up with something.

Guys, where's my grille badge.  :)   I thought a few more designs would've popped up by now. I can't help, sorry.

hoddo

hi Oscar.. they are screenprinted. I can do one off prints usually single colour as multi colour prints are alot of work..ie need a screen for each colour. Sorry cant do hats