News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Grill badge for W116...

Started by Stork, 09 March 2011, 10:33 PM

koan

Hey Stork do you ever check your Personal Messages?

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Stork

Hey Koan,
Yes, I checked it an placed you on the list of buyers (page 5) Since I decided to remake the badge with the mounting holes higher on the badge, it will not be ready for about another month or so. Once it is ready I will post it here. Then you (and everyone else who wants one) can contact me via my email (page 4 I think) with your shipping address and I can figure out the post for you.
Thanks!
Robert

koan

Quote from: Stork on 27 April 2011, 06:08 PM
Hey Koan, Yes, I checked it an placed you on the list of buyers (page 5)

Right, I'll just shut up then and wait till they are ready :)

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

powerglide

Hey Koan, do you mean Joyce Barnaby - or Barnaby Joyce? :-)
Powerglide

MB_Mike

Quote from: powerglide on 30 April 2011, 12:42 AM
Hey Koan, do you mean Joyce Barnaby - or Barnaby Joyce? :-)

Haha, I Google imaged Joyce Barnaby after noticing that and it also came up with Barnaby Joyce. I get the reference!
1987 Home market 560 SEL

Stork

Okay brief update, I just placed the order for a new badge to be made. The holes will be moved up to allow the badge to be centered (as best as I can get it) to the W116 grill. Figure around 45 days till I get the new prototype. Once approved another 45 days to make the batch.
As for the original prototype, it is proudly adorning the bottom left side of my grill. It look really nice!
Stay tuned...
Robert

Stork

Summer has been a busy time for me, but I finally got around to all things W116. Update on the Badge... Order for the new prototype has been place... once I receive it I will post once more a picture of the new badge (well not new only the holes have been moved) and a picture of it on my grill. I will then ask once more to see who would want one. I have a list, but since it has been a while I figure I would ask once more.
Robert

jjb-w116-hu

hey pal, i'll be keen on one Stork-
how would one pay for this?

cheers James

Stork

I will do a write up once the badges are in production. Right now I have to wait until the prototype is in hand before I approve production. Easiest way for payment will be PayPal, but I will need to know shipping addresses before I can give total.
I should have the prototype within 45 days, once approved it will take another 30 Days to manufacture so that gives me enough time to go to the post office with addresses and get shipping quotes for all on the list.
Robert

Stork

Well, I was away on vacation and was excited to see the new badge in the post, but when I got home it was not there, so I contacted the company and they are sending me a new one (no charge) I hope by the start of next week we can get the orders going once everyone see the new badge (well same badge with the mounting holes moved up 5mm)
Robert

oscar

Awsome, still interested  8)

1973 350SE, my first & fave

Stork

And it is finally here!!!! Old one on the left new one on the right. As you can see the holes have been moved up so now the badge sits nicely across the grill. I am glad that I did a new one! Now I can sleep at night...

Here is a close up on the grill. notice that she now fits snug between the two horizontals. I made sure that the bottom of the badge rest on the crest of the horizontal. It makes the badge look/sit better on the grill...

Better shot of the whole grill with badge... looks good!

Okay now I need to make some cash to place the order so we will have to wait a bit before I place the order unless folks want to pay in advance ;D the more I collect the quicker I can order them!

Please post or send me a PM if you want one so I can start the list once more. Price will be $30 plus shipping (I will get quotes for Australia and the UK/Europe) I will wait a week before I post the list. They will be $40 on ebay after I sell to the group.
Thank you all for your comments and praise!
Robert

Casey

I think I'd like one, however I've got one question - what's up with the "1972-2012" year range?  I guess the "4" and "0" mean it's a 40-year range, but what is the significance of this?

I'd still like one of those older style w116.org ones as well...

Nutz

Quote from: Raptelan on 06 October 2011, 03:32 PM
I think I'd like one, however I've got one question - what's up with the "1972-2012" year range

His car was born in 1972 and it's still alive in 2012?