News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Grill badge for W116...

Started by Stork, 09 March 2011, 10:33 PM

Stork

I am sure that whoever did the original mold still has it which will keep cost down (no mold cost) so at say $25 we have to order 30 minimum which I think it is doable... anyone out there know which company did it and can they send them an email to see if they can produce another run?
Robert

TJ 450

If there is to be a re-run, I'd be happy to make another purchase too.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Stork

Mforcer

Quote from: Stork on 11 March 2011, 07:42 AM
... anyone out there know which company did it and can they send them an email to see if they can produce another run?

That would be me. I'll investigate this week.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Stork

I spoke to the company that makes them here in the US, they told me that they keep the mold for around 2 years... So you might want to call them today! How long has it been since the order was placed?

thysonsacclaim

I know it's a stretch, but aside from grill badges, hats or shirts could be made as well.

Cafe Press will do them on per order basis. Because of that, there could be multiple designs and it could be a way for the Org to support hosting fees.

Stork

I like the idea of tee-shirts and caps! As for the teeshirt whatever we choose I would do small print on top left of chest and a big print on the back. Cap I would do the badge on front and W116.org on the rear following the arch... Lets just make sure they are not the cheap caps!

Stork

Okay guys, still working out the size of the fonts but this is what I will be making for myself in the near future and anyone who wants one just let me know! It is drawn by hand so don't rag on my skills! but I have designed what I think would look good on the grill (at least in my mind) for a forty year badge with no affiliation to anyone just the W116 crowd.

powerglide

I'll take one - possibly two if I'm allowed to keep both W116s. Dammit, make that two- I'll take the risk, and to hell with parsimony!
Powerglide

Hemersam

I'll buy one, too.
Hemersam

Stork

Alright, that is 4 badges! (including mine)... I am still going through the art stage getting the correct size fonts once that is done and finalized then it takes around 45 days to make. Glad to know my design is liked by others! ;D
I will post a picture of the art design when they send it to me.
Robert

TJ 450

Not wishing to stir the pot, but I'm only interested in the original design. ;)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Stork

Tim I want one of those as well! No worries this is just something that I wanted to do and I think others might want one as well. I am going to do a run of 40 which does come out a bit higher so I will have to charge 30 USD plus shipping. I would like to order 100, but I really don't know how many people will want one. But that is why we have eBay!
Here is a picture of the art so far. Just a few touch ups to do on the eagle. I am moving the 4 over a bit, aligning the years (dash) with the tail and change of a more red color:

1974450SEL

s class

Jeez guys this is a can of worms.  The original design took months and months to tie down, and spanned a couple of threads totalling hundreds of posts. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL