News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Greg's photos of MBCSA 2007

Started by gregdeklerk, 05 May 2007, 05:24 AM

gregdeklerk

Stopped on the side of the National Highway due to road works.

On the "move" to the gathering.

Joanne took this one of me washing the car!

"Who me?" You all know I wouldn't be caught dead in an SL!! It must be an imposter.

The inside of the 600 with divider.

The 600 and 6.3.

The 114 factory stretch limousine with flag poles.

Pics of another 280SE I spied!!

Brian Crump

We want more of the De Klerk-mobile, please!!!
Regards,
BC

oscar

You guys have excelled yourselves.  The SL suits you Greg

BTW.  That red 280se has chrome rocker panel buts too.  That's two I've seen.  The other set was on that 350se you were admiring Greg.

Do you know why or where they came from.  Aftermarket I presume?  Don't tell me you guys never noticed them.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

gregdeklerk

We noticed them. I think they were dealer accessories. To be honest, I don't really like them and I think they can act as a water trap and we all know what that will lead to!!

gregdeklerk

Quote from: Brian Crump on 05 May 2007, 05:33 AM
We want more of the De Klerk-mobile, please!!!
Regards,
BC

OK Mr Crump, here is a nice interior shot for you!!

Brian Crump

We had been told it was good -sure looks great.
BC

s class

Greg, thanks for the pics. 

I see your 280SE has the suage line midway along the woodwork.  My '73 280S had that as well.  Later cars such as my 280SE seem to have flat woodwork. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

oscar

Quote from: s class on 06 May 2007, 10:48 AM

I see your 280SE has the suage linemidway along the wooedwork.  My '73 280S had that as well.  Later cars such as my 280SE seem to have flat woodwork. 

If you're talking about that indent line, or bevel etc, I've nevernoticed pics of a w116 without that line.  Another "SA only" trait.

gregdeklerk

Quote from: s class on 06 May 2007, 10:48 AM

I see your 280SE has the suage line midway along the woodwork.  My '73 280S had that as well.  Later cars such as my 280SE seem to have flat woodwork. 

That is interesting. I never knew that.

frikkie

Greg, this is your car right?

From here:

http://www.cartoday.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=044355;p=1

Nice photo's, of a stunning, stuning car! 8) :)

gregdeklerk

That is she. Those boys have some nice things to say about my car!! Who is this fellow? He deserves a good bottle!!

oscar

You did get a very good wrap.  Do you compete in concours?

BTW, did you see that E430 ute?

frikkie

Quote from: gregdeklerk on 08 May 2007, 10:45 AM
That is she. Those boys have some nice things to say about my car!! Who is this fellow? He deserves a good bottle!!

Barno Aucamp - the other W116 owner on CarToday. #1 being me! :D

He lives in Bloem, and recently bought a W116 350SE as a project. Running well, but it needs interior and spray/valet work.

gregdeklerk

Quote from: oscar on 08 May 2007, 11:00 AM
You did get a very good wrap.  Do you compete in concours?

BTW, did you see that E430 ute?

Nope to concours. The idea of lying on my back on a crawler, cleaning under the car with a toothbrush does not appeal!!

The E430 is owned by a friend of mine. They did quite a good job on the conversion.

gregdeklerk

Quote from: frikkie on 08 May 2007, 11:13 AM
Quote from: gregdeklerk on 08 May 2007, 10:45 AM

Barno Aucamp - the other W116 owner on CarToday. #1 being me! :D

He lives in Bloem, and recently bought a W116 350SE as a project. Running well, but it needs interior and spray/valet work.

Frikkie, have you got his email address? You can PM it to me.