News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Gnoo Blas Classic (Orange, Australia)

Started by Mforcer, 07 February 2007, 05:31 PM

Mforcer

This little red car is heading to Orange this weekend for the Gnoo Blas Classic. I know it is late notice (this was only just decided) but if you are free and looking for a fantastic two days, then come along and say hello! Email me if anyone would want to drive in convoy (you'll need to keep up!).
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Brian Crump

Sounds great but I'm not able to at this stage. I'm sure there will be some members itching to try to keep up with the red car. (Of course they won't be able to catch you will they?)
Regards,
Brian

Mforcer

I am sure they will be able to keep up... I don't drive that fast ;)
Michael
2006 B200

Brian Crump

True; you are a skilful and careful driver. However, red cars just go faster...... ::)
Regards,
BC
(Silver green is SO slow....) ;D

gregdeklerk

Quote from: Mforcer on 07 February 2007, 05:31 PM
This little red car is heading to Orange this weekend for the Gnoo Blas Classic. I know it is late notice (this was only just decided) but if you are free and looking for a fantastic two days, then come along and say hello! Email me if anyone would want to drive in convoy (you'll need to keep up!).

I am off to the George Car Show this weekend, George, South Africa. I will try and post some pics.

Mforcer

Rae and I went to Gnoo Blas for the weekend and had a great time. Drove up on Friday night leaving the city at 7pm and arriving there a little after 10. Spent the morning at the car show before heading back into town for some time at the watering hole.

We gave the organised dinner a miss, opting for some great dining at one of the pubs and meeting some colourful locals along the way.

The final day started with a regional drive organised by the Gnoo Blas Classic Car Club where we sampled some local wines before we left everyone else for their lake-side picnic lunch. Rae and I headed to Mount Panorama, Bathurst for a 'hot lap' on our way home only to be met by torrential rain.

That wasn't going to stop me so travelling at speeds as high as 30km/h (this is a race track, remember) I fought my way around the track in one piece. Toughest drive I have ever done before finally heading home.
Michael
2006 B200

oscar

Mforcer, one of these days we just have to fill the grid up at Bathurst with 116's.  The front 4 at least ;D

Can we expect photos? Of the weekend or the track
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Mforcer

There weren't many photos of the weekend (I'll look through what photos I have a W116) and there were none of the track. The rain was so heavy I was lucky to see the road. Muddy water was sheeting across the track and I was just hoping not to lose traction.
Michael
2006 B200