News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

German Car Day Northam WA 2010

Started by goldacre, 02 June 2010, 03:18 AM

goldacre

Hi Folks, yep, its almost that time again...

Bernard Park by the river in Northam, Western Australia cars arrive around 9-10ish in the morning

25 July 2010

Come along and see the following events as displayed last year such as...

'stuck in the mud w116 tractor pull' (unknown where this event will be held but sure to be off a road between Perth and Northam  :D

And the all famous 'i didn't quite get there' event, just look for a lonely unloved w116 in a driveway in Perth somewhere for that one.

Famous bratwurst van and the Shannon insurance lovely ladies, worth talking to even if you have a policy  :o

And the 'have a go with your car gymkhana' watch those AMG supercharged V6s get caned by, wait for it... a bog brown VW beetle or a Peugeot FWD diesel (seriously folks, this did happen)

Goldacre
12/1979 450 SEL 148K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

TJ 450

Time flies.

I'll happily drive out there for a large Flayva Combo at Red Rooster. ;)

Seriously though, I'll attend.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Big_Richard

Quote from: TJ 450 on 02 June 2010, 03:43 AM
Time flies.

I'll happily drive out there for a large Flayva Combo at Red Rooster. ;)

Seriously though, I'll attend.

Tim

yeah thanks to your dad we arrived last time as everyone was driving home in the opposite direction - then what did we do ? go get bogged on the side of the road in the middle of no where ;)

what an adventure that was  8)

TJ 450

It was rather dissapointing, but interesting nonetheless. I'm sure this event will go as planned. I even know where the venue is now. There won't be any waiting for my Dad this time. ;)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

goldacre

Woo Hoo, German car day this Sunday  :)

Hey Burty, if you have been given permission to pop over to my place on Saturday let me know. the Xmas in July has been canceled so we need to know if you are OK with hot Indian food, the misses is pretty good at making that  :P check your email.

Goldacre
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

WGB

I was thinking about a drive but having been away for so many weekends my 6.9 is still sitting on the hoist with the brakes unfinished and I was hoping to try out the new 450 speedo cable before I put it all together.

If I finish it on Saturday and I have some "mechanical confidence" in the result I might give it a run on Sunday.

Bill

Big_Richard

I shall be attending today, along with TJ450 assuming I successfully coax him out from under his 190E's bonnet. It may take a few scooby snacks however.

goldacre

The GCD was great and was good to catch up with Burty as well. Burty was hoping to catch up with a few other forum members but on the day it was just Goldacre and Burty  :'(

One thing that was quickly noticed was the absence of the gymkhana to which i sought a 'please explain' at the gate and was told the Porsche club who run it decided not to this year because of parking issues etc but they did not tell the MB Club who were a little unhappy as they said they could have organised it. Oh well, certainly some nice units on display  8)

Two 560 SELs, a 6.3 liter sedan (like normal sedan, not long wheel base) which has had a Kings ransom spent on it, plenty of nice BMWs from the 70s and i did quite like the BMW 7 series Li which has enormous rear leg room (but would love to get the 560SEL that was parked next to me)  :o

The day was sunny and everyone was having a great time.

Goldacre

Goldacre

Big_Richard

My self and TJ did end up attending, but rather late as usual and many cars were infact leaving just as we arrived ;)

the Mb presence wasnt that great by that time and i spent most of my time looking at bmw's.

there were only 2 w116's, one of which i took a photo of and emailed to nathan then and there, not sure what he thought of it as i never heard back ;)

No 6.9s! again!  ::)

TJ 450

The BMWs were more interesting and appealing than the selection of MBs on display, that's for sure. They must be more dedicated enthusiasts.  8)

I didn't mind the 108s, and the fully restored Beetles were amazing.

It was a great day, anyway.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Burty

It was an enjoyable day , but they cars really start to shoot through after Lunch , was a good showing of the mercs , (but no 6.9's) but they all took off pretty much straight after 12:30 , the Beemers & V Dubs were really the only ones that stayed..
Still a good day & i'll have to keep looking..
Cheers & Thanks for the Lunch Goldacre!!

goldacre

No probs Burty, anytime  :)

The ORG meet is coming up soon to, pressure now on to get my car back together  :-[

Met up with Tim  and Nathan and the event will be a winner with Tim organising the route and i'm organising the lunch venue  :)

Goldacre

Burty

Should head down our way , does make it a long day for you though.
Meelup beach is a great setting for a picnic & if the weather turns bad , we are about 2kms from Mellup & i'll set the BBQ up..

KenM

Burty

The surfing is for the Mother in Law !!!!