News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

German Car Day 2014 & Bindoon Vintage Vehicle Day

Started by goldacre, 19 July 2014, 02:27 AM

TJ 450

So far so good,

My 6.9 is starting to look to look the goods. There will be quite a few "bugs" to iron out, but the car is basically assembled and ready to go. I also resealed the front leveling valve as it developed a leak externally.

In any case, I'll be attending the GCD on the weekend!!

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

motec6.9

Ok where is the German day and where do I meet up with the brute.
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

goldacre

Ok guys, here is the details...

Quote.   It's on again, German Car Day!

Organised by the Mercedes Benz Club, the run starts in Perth from the Queens Gardens car park in East Perth.

A navigation run, in convoy departs the Gardens at 0930  terminating at an unknown destination, (somewhere in Rockingham close to the Cafe strip)

Those planning to take part this year will need to be at the Garden's by about 0900. Cost is a reasonable $10.00 per car, which goes to charity

Please view the flyer:- German_20Car_20Day_202014.jpg

To register to take part, contact Stephen.Hinsley@hhbiz.com.au

Now it says the MBCWA are organising this but last check it is still 'more details soon' good grief, it will be over at their Secretaries rate  :-\ anyway, BMW club to the rescue, same gig as last year with mystery destination in the cafe strip in Rockinham, hope the did their homework as that strip is packed most weekends and being tipped at 32 degrees it will be more so  :o

I need to pop into Subiaco to grab a few things including a BrewHa coffee, TJ and Motec, want to meet in the Coles car park and drive to Queens park in a W116.org mini convoy?

G
12/1979 450 SEL 148K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

motec6.9

TJ 450

I'll be in on the mini convoy for sure... just let me know what time?

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

goldacre

Cool  8) How does 8.15am sound? Time to get a great coffee and then some  :) then the epic drive to the Swinging Pig  ;D

G
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

goldacre

Bugger...

Quote. Please be advised that there are strong winds forecast for this weekend, extending into early next week.

Please adjust your water activities to suit and please ensure your vessel is secured correctly.

Yacht owners, please check your self-furling headsails to ensure they are secure.

Any Org members with Met. Experience?

G

WGB

Have a great day guys

Unfortunately I have to go to Donnybrtook tomorrow and I am working on Sunday.

Fortunately I will be driving the new "WGB" that I picked up two days ago to Donnybrook.

Billl

TJ 450

Sounds good (except the weather forecast). We could be lucky though.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

goldacre

hi WGB, enjoy the wheels on the drive to 'apples'brook  ;D  what did you get this time?

TJ, there is a nice cyclone ally in Rockingham but the worst is tomorrow arvo and we should be ok, checked the anchors on the 450 and they have excellent grip on the road assisted by 2 tons of German steel. If it does rain is everyone comfortable with getting their W116s wet? appears to be an aversion to wet activities with some owners  ;D

See you at the car park at Coles in Subiaco (behind post office on Rockaby Road) follow nose to good coffee and you should see me with the dog with the waggly tail  8)

G

motec6.9

goldacre

Damn weather  >:( will still turn up at Subi  :) just wish I had new wiper blades  ;D looks a bit hairy but there will be a cafe somewhere doing good coffee and eggs benedick  :-*

G

goldacre

A great day was had despite the filthy weather, met up with TJ450 at the WACA carpark Amongst a plethora of German vehicles. Motec could not make it unfortunately but I am sure he was '...watching that space!' With intent  ;D

Lucky for me TJ got in front in his 6.9 (only one there, actually I was the only 450SEL as well) and we made our way via Fremantle to Rockingham, I could see what the event organisers had in mind planning the route but the weather was having none of it and crowds were as rare as rocking horse s#it  :-X

The venue despite the weather was well attended, I consoled myself as to what people had to put up with in winter on the Eastern Front on both sides when I started to freeze  :'( TJ put up a great effort in his at shirt! I knew I was in trouble when my finger tips turned blue. So by all this you probably get a good idea of the weather that day!   ;D

Spent the event under the Shannon's tent and we had some top conversations with the Shannon guys and German car owners including an owner of a Audi Quattro. A bloke took an interest in the 450 as he said he was in the market for one so if he gets onto the Org. As a newby looking for a car look after him  :)

TJ took the pictures as I was busy with both hands in pockets keeping my balls from knocking me out, it was chilly  :o

G

motec6.9

Sorry the bad weather meant I didn't want to risk my life driving a car that is unpleasant in the dry. I have decided enough is enough LS throttle body is coming of next week after 560 throttle body as its 6mm larger does anyone have one to sell.  :D

goldacre

Hey Motec, you actually made a good call  ;) I witnessed first hand what an ungainly arse a W116 can have when it has a 6.9 under the bonnet when TJ pulled into a cambered right turn in the wet  ;D looked the business but TJ used his 'Bond' skills to bring her back on line which in doing so encouraged a BMW driver to step up to the plate but was ordinary to say the least ;D

A 560 TB on a 6.9? That's new? I hear those W126 parts are like the aforementioned rocking horse doodoo? Due to the 'E' part of the fuel system.

G