News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

German Car Day 2014 & Bindoon Vintage Vehicle Day

Started by goldacre, 19 July 2014, 02:27 AM

goldacre

Robin - 'Holy Snapping Ace Rolls Batman'!
Batman - Yes (pause) young Robin (pause) it certainly appears that (pause) the W116s could be on the move again'.  ;D

The date set by the Merc Club of WA is September 21 for the German Car Day which is a Sunday, no idea what is planned, WGB  ;) any goss about possible event/location?

But wait, there's more! Phil the ice cream man who runs up and down our streets terrifying adults with 'greenfields' clanging away like a Klanger' at day two of a WoodStock concert ... (reference = WTF are Klangers!? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6CoIwcJ-E) sure as German Made Cars i know what i would do with that rope!...)

Phil dropped off a pamphlet for the Bindoon Vintage Vehicle Day to be held on Sunday the 14th of September on Bindoon oval from 9am to 5pm (6810 Great Northern hwy), emailed Chris Stokes to see if only sidevalve and woodwork coaches are allowed  ;D

Should be a fun September  :)
12/1979 450 SEL 148K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

motec6.9

Very cool should I shatter the silence with my 6.9.  :)
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

goldacre

Hell yeah Motec, we are all watching that space...'Euro 6.9 . Watch this space' with glasses on (no, not the wine glasses!)  8)

Luke - 'Whats wrong Ben'?
Ben - 'i felt a great disturbance in the ozone layer, i feel something German is about to happen'
Han Solo - 'Buckle up fly-boys, we got W116s at 12 o'clock and some of them are sixtyniners'!
General Calamari (Fishface, who drives a BMW) - 'We cant repel vehicles of that magnitude'!

;D i so need to get out more... :-\

Emailed the contact for the Bindoon Vintage car Show, its their 2nd turn at it, last years went well...

QuoteHi J,
Not a problem bring it along and have a great day out. Last year was the first, and at short notice we had 130 Cars and about 20 Motor Cycle, this year with a bigger lead time we are looking for a bigger number. The admission cost is a gold coin donation.
Look forward to seeing you here on the day.
Thanks for your enquiry. All the best  Chris Stokes

Tops  :)

12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

motec6.9

Its been a long time coming but this time I will say I am in. who do I need to contact and if anyone want to meet up for convoy to event.  ;D

TJ 450

I'll do my best to attend, although I'm not sure which vehicle(s) yet though.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

motec6.9

I now have a choice of 2 but I think I will go with brutality over serenity.  ;)

goldacre

Cool Motec, yeah, leave the Panzers behind and go in 'Battle of the Bulge' style  ;D just remember to push in the clutch when you let the 88' rip  ;D

TJ, I am hoping to see your 560, quite like those cars, amazing engine bays, very tidy. Will bring down those powerline things and sign I found for you, will look good in in the collection, got a couple of rear brake lines as well, can see one, will try to see where the other is :/

As coming from the East '...following a Star...'  ;D will check the map for a meet and greet for a convoy setup somewhere south of Bindoon, thinking Chittering would be the go?

J

TJ 450

Hi Goldacre,

There's only a slight chance my 560 will be ready by then, although it sure would be good to rock up in that.

Regarding the other stuff, that would be great. I'm looking forward to catching up, etc. If the weather is good, it should be a pleasant outing. :)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

motec6.9

At this stage I would say I will be attending for the first time ever.  :)

goldacre

Cool  8) took my 450 for a fang to Perth and back with no problems (after she had sat in the garage for a while, only cost me half a tank of juice and a new battery  >:( ) So can say atomic batteries are go  :)

From a meet and greet convoy point of view it looks like Bullsbrook could be the go near the RAAF Base. There is a Shell garage with a carpark for a motel next door, very visible location unless there is a cafe nearby that does decent coffee?

J

john6007

Hi,

Unfortunately I will be away for this event but my 116's are still safe.

John
79 - 450SEL 6.9 #5628 &  #6466, 92 - 300CE-24, 98 - MX-5, 89 - Ducati 906 Paso

WGB

My mother died this afternoon in NZ so will be returning to the Land of the Long White Shroud for a little while.

Have a great car day.

Bill

TJ 450

I'm currently re-foaming the heater box in my 6.9... The aim is to have that fairly well sorted for the drive, but we shall see!

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

goldacre

Ok, just washed and serviced the Merc, it's almost 10am so eta about 12.30pm for a show and shine and lunch  :D if you see a icecream van and it's owned by Phill say hello, top bloke and loves classic cars.

Hope to see some of you there.

Goldacre

goldacre

Excellent day with fantastic spring weather  :) run by a few volunteer clubs so appropriate donations made. Plenty of fantastic cars from a well presented 450 SEL   ::) to a Pontiac Firebird, a Valiant coupe with 289 V8 and a wow selection of British cars including a Jensen Intercepter, Triumph, Rovers and some nice coach work old cars.

Now it's the German Car Day next Sunday 21, good news for me is it is going to be held in Rockingham so can visit the relatives  :-* the car is looking good so will see people there? To date (...and only 6 days to go :/ ) '...will be more info to come' hope they don't leave it too late.

Goldacre