News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

FoSC Bathurst - 2011 - Cancelled because of a bunch of $##@'s

Started by SELfor50, 09 October 2010, 10:18 PM

SELfor50

They are a bunch of sport crushing **$%(%(#######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they charge $3500 per entry and get 200 people, but FOSC ran it for 3 years and charge about $650 per entry and get 800+ entrants - they claim they are losing revenue.

All I can think is Super League crushing Rugby League for several years...  

The FOSC event has officially been cancelled based on the fact that **an un-named company** claim to be the only people allowed to run regularity relay's at MP.

So... you can go to the track crap event for $3500 entry fee.. but the FoSC event which was about $650 entry fee has been cancelled.

1 get's 900competitors (competitors alone, not including other people who come to bathurst with the drivers) and the other mob only get about 1-200 entrants.  

--edit out to avoid litigation against w116.org--

Sorry for the outburst of swearing, but this has really ruined my day / year.  Means I'm no longer preparing my car with a target track of MP, now I have to aim for a different circuit to setup for.

Very very upset.

Mforcer

Sport and business do not mix.

What a business wants is very different from what the participants of a sport want. The activity is done for enjoyment of the participants and spectators, not to make a profit.

When a sporting or hobby community bows to the pressure, demands and control of a business, only bad will come to that community.

It is a shame and I feel your loss.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

oscar

Wow.  Never heard of ********.  I always thought Bathurst Council owned the track, yet it doesn't surprise me.  I think they were concerned to see the 690 at this year's FOSC event and decided to make the track more elitist.

Surely there's more money to be made with extra peeps at the track, town etc.  Despite cost of entry, you would've spent a bit on food etc.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

SELfor50

Dear Admin,

It's come to my attention that **an un-named company** are going on a witch hunt trying to stop people hearing about their efforts in stopping the FOSC event run at Bathurst.

To avoid any issues arising cause of them being a pack of #$$%'s, can you please modify any post or title of this thread that references them?

Oscar, Bathurst Council owns the track (which means the govt owns the track) but they seem to be getting pushed from somewhere to not assist FOSC in staging their event next year.
For some reason, both company's have a contract with the Bathurst council for events.  And FOSC were allowed to run their event for the last 3 years with no concern.
The FOSC contract is still the same and continues for another 2 years or something, but for some reason - now the council are trying to tie them down to specific bullsh!t in their contract cause the other company has a contract that states they are the only one's allowed to run regularity at the mountain. 

It's quite obvious that the council never had an issue with the event(s) staged by FOSC until someone else pushed them about it.

So... admin, please update all posts to remove t........ from them. 

Thanks,
Cam.

john6007

Hmmm, Shire Councils and people with secret agendas, always fun to work with.
79 - 450SEL 6.9 #5628 &  #6466, 92 - 300CE-24, 98 - MX-5, 89 - Ducati 906 Paso