News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

FINAL POLL: Grill Badge

Started by oscar, 27 February 2007, 04:12 PM

Pick One Only

H
7 (31.8%)
S
1 (4.5%)
T
14 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: 05 March 2007, 04:12 PM

oscar

H  S   T

Highest 3 badges polled in the previous poll have been put forward again.  Please choose one badge only.  Badge with the highest count will be used.  Of course, artwork has to be finalised but they do a pretty good job on representing what they should look like.

Wording will be:  INTERNATIONAL OWNERS' GROUP up the top and W116.ORG down the bottom.

Once the count's in we can approach the badgemaker again and nut out the production, payment and shipping details.

The poll's only short, 6 days and you can change your mind along the way.
Regards,
Simon.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

oscar

Friendly reminder, less than half have returned to vote.  Only 4 days to go.

Des

They are all really good, but in the end I picked H

Martin 280s

Mforcer

How many T (and S) voters would change their mind with a better, cleaner, clearer image of the car in the centre of the badge?
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

oscar

Mforcer, it's interesting split atm.    Do you have a clearer pic like the site logo?  I can incorporate it on the silver and the gold designs if you like to see what it looks like.  Post it here or email me simnat@ozemail.com.au .  Don't finish work till after 6pm so expect the examples some time after that.

Mforcer

It is a very interesting split at the moment, especially considering that I have not voted yet :P

Unfortunately, I don't have the original artwork for the logo apart from the image shown on this site :( I tried to contact the creator but they have disappeared not long after the site was created.

The reason for my previous post was that with the current badge choices, my pick would be T but I would still prefer to see the outline of a W116 used like the site logo. The current image of the car just doesn't appeal to me. I also don't like the star peaking out from behind the car as it isn't at all clear what it is.

If we could get some feed back as to why people don't like the badge they didn't vote for, we may be able to come up with a design that doesn't split the vote so evenly. Either that or I open up a whole can of worms.
Michael
2006 B200

oscar

Quote from: Mforcer on 04 March 2007, 06:39 AM
If we could get some feed back as to why people don't like the badge they didn't vote for, we may be able to come up with a design that doesn't split the vote so evenly. Either that or I open up a whole can of worms.

ABSOLUTELY!   ;) Speak up people!

I've stared at the images for so long whilst playing with them it's hard to distinguish between pros and cons.  I'd hate to see a 50/50 split with maybe one vote deciding.  I'd rather a major majority happy with a final design.  Then again, so many have said they will buy whichever design is made.  I've always wanted an image of the car on the badge but I voted T as well.  My favourite still remains the H and T conglomeration, ie the gold with car that wasn't included.  I have a copy of this site's pic above.  I shall have a fiddle with it to redraw the lost lines and see what I can do.

EDIT EDIT:
I couldn't quite finish the site's logo.  Instead I pinched a few poses from the gallery to look at more angles of the car, some that matched or came close to the site logo.  Here's what I found. 
Unless the car is at a flat stance like what appears in H, the car appears off centre and covers the star moreso.  Forget the detail as such and think of the outline of the shape.  I too would like to see the car outline but in my opinion, the star would have to go.  In that regard I shall stick with T. 

I didn't save all the examples I threw together and didn't have a blank silver badge to play with hence the gold ones.  These two are of OBH's Boris Benz.  The paintwork is absolutely stunning :)
Regardless, one can see how one part of the star is consistently hidden no matter how I manipulated the car.

Mforcer

Michael
2006 B200

oscar

That's cool, that's cool.

I was just campaigning in a roundabout way. :)

Brian Crump

Really what I am saying is this; The designs are fantastic. The people who have put so much work into the designs are fantastic. I like them both designs and will be totally happy with whatever people want. I am amazed at how successful this group is - in my experience, this group is tops for action, value and know-how. There is no other group as GR8 as the 116.org.
Well done chaps!!
BC

Martin 280s

All the designs we've had so far have been superb. My choice is T. But, for the life of me, I don't understand why you'd want a badge for the forum with a picture of the car on a badge when the badge is attached to said car, Isn't it a bit redundant ? You wouldn't put the badge on anyother car would you?

oscar

8 and a bit hours to go, T has pulled way out in front with twice as many votes.  I don't think we have to worry about the car.  Or have I spoken to soon :-[

Martin, I saw your pics in the members section for the first time today.  Stunning car  8) I hadn't noticed how good it looked before. Well done.

Martin 280s

Quote from: oscar on 05 March 2007, 07:40 AM
8 and a bit hours to go, T has pulled way out in front with twice as many votes.  I don't think we have to worry about the car.  Or have I spoken to soon :-[

Martin, I saw your pics in the members section for the first time today.  Stunning car  8) I hadn't noticed how good it looked before. Well done.

Thanks, Oscar...I'm fond of her too ;D ;D

oscar

That's it,

T is officially our badge.

Wording
INTERNATIONAL OWNERS' GROUP up the top and W116.ORG down the bottom. I'm waiting to get feedback on the screw holes but I've thrown them in.
It's on imageshack. I'll throw another version in the gallery soon for all to see.  I've run out of time and have to go to work in 13 mins :o

Looks good yeah ;) click for bigger view.

EDIT
BTW, I'd imagine the srews will be bigger.    oops 10mins,,,, see ya