News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Eighth Annual Texas Mercedes-Benz Owners GTG - Saturday June 1, 2013

Started by alabbasi, 26 March 2013, 08:52 AM

alabbasi

The eighth Annual Texas Mercedes-Benz Get Together will be held on Saturday, June 1, 2013. Caravans of Mercedes-Benz autos leaving from all over TX will converge upon Centerville for a day filled with automotive fun and fellowship! This is an event open to all Mercedes-Benz owners, regardless of the age or condition of their car, from garage queens to daily drivers to beaters. Owners from points beyond Texas are invited and welcome to attend. We've had repeat attendees from Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Kansas participate in this get together. Smart and Sprinter owners are invited to attend, too. Do you have family members, friends, or neighbors who drive Mercedes-Benzes and don't know about this event? Tell them to come on out! The caravans will depart each city at a time that will give them a 12:00 Noon arrival time in Centerville. You can check below for the departure time for the caravan nearest you. We will have reserved parking and a BBQ lunch in a room reserved just for us at the world famous Woody's Smokehouse on the NORTHBOUND side of I-45. After everyone has eaten, we'll head 4 miles south of town on old Highway 75 to Fort Boggy State Park for the Show and Shine! Admission to Fort Boggy is FREE. We'll have shade in the pavilion, so we won't be sweating it out like in past years. Awards will be given out based on People's Choice for best Vintage Model (Pre 1980), Best 1980s Model "Young Classics", Best 1990s Model, and Best 2000-present Model. Bring the camera, water and some sunscreen to the park because although we'll be under the pavilion it probably will be hot. Come on out to have some fun with fellow MB owners and fans. We're gonna have a good time!

Departure Points:
(If you are coming from a town not listed below, (ex: Beaumont, Tyler, etc...) and you are interested in setting up a caravan if you expect 2 or more other vehicles to come along, send me a private message so we can get something set up. Keep watching this list to see if any other cities get added.)

Austin (Round Rock)
Dell Diamond
3400 East Palm Valley Boulevard (US 79)
Round Rock, TX 78665
Meet at 9:15am, depart at 9:45am

Location of Dell Diamond: Dell Diamond - Google Maps
Route from Dell Diamond to Centerville: Dell Diamond to Centerville - Google Maps

DFW Metroplex

Love's Truck Stop
2500 S I-45 (Exit 272, Fulghum Rd. Exit)
Hutchins, TX 75141
Meet at 9:45am, depart at 10:15am

Location of Love's Truck Stop: 2500 S I-45, Hutchins, TX - Google Maps
Route from Love's to Centerville: Dallas to Centerville - Google Maps

Houston
Cracker Barrel
14765 North Freeway (Exit 63, Airtex Dr. Exit)
Houston, TX 77090
The Houston group will assemble in the section of the Cracker Barrel parking lot closest to the Holiday Inn Express.
Meet at 9:45am, depart at 10:15am

Location of Cracker Barrel: 14765 North Freeway, Houston, TX - Google Maps
Route from Houston to Centerville: Houston to Centerville - Google Maps

San Antonio

HEB
17460 IH 35 North (Exit 175, Natural Bridge Caverns Rd. Exit)
Schertz, TX 78154
Meet at 7:30am, depart at 8:00am (note: this caravan will meet up with the Austin caravan at the Dell Diamond in Round Rock at 9:30am)

Location of HEB: HEB, - Google Maps
Route from San Antonio to Dell Diamond : San Antonio to Dell Diamond - Google Maps
thence...
Route from Dell Diamond to Centerville: Dell Diamond to Centerville - Google Maps

Woody's Smokehouse - Home - The World's Best Beef Jerky

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]
Fort Boggy State Park[/COLOR][/SIZE]
TPWD: Fort Boggy State Park
Map of Fort Boggy:http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4503_146.pdf

Pics from the last few meets:

[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/joe_larry05/9e67eee5.jpg
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

ZCarFan

Nearly 800 miles away  :'(  .  Looks like fun and I've never been to Texas, but don't think I could get away for a few days except with my wife on a vacation.

alabbasi

There may be some people in TX who are doing the 800 mile journey to get there too :)
Actually we had a guy drive in from TN once. It must have been for the barbecue :)

With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.