News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

currently visiting fair city of Perth

Started by robertd, 17 December 2009, 05:53 PM

Burty

Hey Goldacre,
                 Sounds like you are a local down this end of the world , i know you have a Blue 450 , you were'nt at the Farm (Bunker Bay) yesterday (Wednesday) were you ??
I was dropping my son off for a Surf and noticed a very nice 450 in the carpark , seems like every man and his dog are here at the moment , so it may not be , but it was in great condition..
Cheers
Rob

goldacre

Hi Burty, no it wasn't my 450 as she is sitting in the garage at home due to no tow bar to launch the boat  :( But if anyone has a Reece hitch sitting around for a 450 do let me know  :-* $$$$$

Two weeks on the boat in the comfortable moorings at Port Geograph right between the Fisheries Department boat and the Department of Transport boat which just happened to be on the side which faced my expired boat registration sticker  >:( fortunately they were pretty cool with '...its in the mail'  8)

On that note if anyone down there you know does not have a skippers ticket they are screwed if they launch at Port Geograph and/or leave the heads for fishing  :o

I will be down there again for Australia Day and here is a heads up in case you don't know, its on a Tuesday so get the Monday off  ;) If you want to come for a sail PM me and we can set up a time.

G
12/1979 450 SEL 148K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

Burty

I'll have to get back to you on that , i think , she who must be obeyed has organised a week off (in Esperance) and it may take in Aust Day..
Cheers

goldacre

No Probs, i am now planning to go to Busselton this weekend (16th and 17th) to do maintenance on the boat before Aust Day..and i will be driving the 450 with her brand new front grille and right hand headlight  :o

If you want to catch up for a driving cruise to at least one winery in the Merc let me know (have to do at least one winery while i am there)

Chris Sheedy has my number or can get it from my brother in law, i hope to touch base with Chris to see if he can pull the front bumper mount out a bit as the bottom of the grille contacts with it  :-[

Esperance sounds great, being a long time since i was there, 120klm East is Cape Arid National Park and if you like amazing isolation with magnificent views definitely go there, if the Park ranger is still Paxman you will be in good company if you need it.

I remember walking on the sand and it squeaks under your feet with each step, truly amazing place.

Enjoy that trip  :)

PS the Woody island boat tour is worth the money and take the swimming togs along with goggles and snorkel, crystal clear water down there with lots to look at.
12/1979 450 SEL 148K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)