News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

"Cars in the Park"

Started by pompy, 06 May 2008, 11:01 AM

pompy

Anybody planning on attending the annual "Cars in the Park" in Alexandra Park, Pietermaritzburg, South Africa on Sunday, May the 18th?
It is quite a big congregation of oldtimers from all makes and car clubs, trucks, tractors etc which could keep anyone sniffing around for at least half a day.

I have seen some spectacular vehicles there before incl a 1948 Caddy originally registered in Rhodesia - it had a black and white square licence plate pop-riveted to the rear reading:
Caution: Left hand drive vehicle.
There was also old President PW Botha's state car - a 1977 stretched Caddy Fleetwood - very intimidating, as it was supposed to be...
And of course the Merc club with its usual array of succulant beauties.
An auction is usually held as well.

Anybody is welcome to enter their vehicle on the morning of the show which then includes free entrance to the passeengers in the car.

If I were a certain gentleman with a certain 6.9, I would show it!!!

s class

Well Pompy, I'd imagine you'd be there as its not far from you.  I grew up in Natal and attended regularly as a child.  I used to dream - imagine one day owning a car that could be showed off there?

Trusty rusty isn't ready, and the AMG still has problems with no 2 cylinder not firing properly.  Excuses excuses I know, but work is in the way between now and then and I'll have no car time before the 17th. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL