News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

CANBERRA CONCOURS & German Autofest 14th Oct

Started by oscar, 25 September 2007, 08:03 PM

oscar

(Australia) for the benefit of Michel and Mforcer so they don't get lost :D :D :D

Sunday 14th October

Who's up for it?  I'll be there no matter who's coming.  ;D

ACTMB club holds their Concours in conjunction with the Shannon's German Autofest.  Lots of other German marques from BMW, VW to the not so well known like Messerchmidt and Borgward.  Even Minis these days ::)

Photos from last year http://forum.w116.org/the-org/shannons-german-autofest-canberra-oz/0/

1973 350SE, my first & fave

SELfor50

Should be goooooood!!!

Zer Vill Be Danzing, Und Zer Vill Be Knackwurst Und SauerKraut!!

http://www.harmonieclub.com.au/oktoberfest/oktoberfest.php

Oktoberfest is the same weekend - i'll be working out there on the pig on the spit.
For those who feel like making the venture on the saturday before the autofest, I can help with accomodation at the crown plaza.  5 Star hotel, for mates rates! (pretty cheap)  ;)  And it would be great to hit the Oktoberfest with y'all for a couple DAB's!
;D

PM me if you need some help with accomodation.

SELfor50

What time you heading out there Rog?  Be good to catch up and organise a time for a little assistance with the beast before the next hill-climb.  ;D

I'll be there from bout 10am onward..tryin to get to my mates before 12:30 for the AUS vs NZ rugby league test.  :)

So....anyone else gonna make it?  ???

torana68

IM going to try and be there at 10 Ish Ill give you a ring...
Roger

oscar

Fellas, I'm out unfortunately.  Despite the earlier promise but I gotta work. >:( Sorry.

SELfor50

No worries O-man... I'll be sure to take plenty of pics for ya!  ;)

Speak to ya then Rog.

torana68

Hi all,
Photos from the Autofest are below. I really think I need to get out of Defence and get a life so I can play too.....
Roger

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j291/torana68/Canberra%20autofest%2007/

P.S sorry about the lack of quantity, things a bit busy for me today.....

Andrew280SEL

Looked pretty nice, weather and atmosphere likewise.

Were there any w116's at all?
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

torana68

yep weather here dry as an old...... etc... but nice, one 280SE. Should have entered would have been guaranteed second in class!
Roger

oscar

One 280??  Gee there was about 8-10 w116's last year and only styria's two were in da ORG.  Thanks for sharing Torana.

Still I love that row of 108/9's etc.  Beautiful cars.  Wish I could've been there.  Locally there was a Ford GT meet in town but I missed that too thanks to work.  Lot's of Aussie and American muscle and not a single photo op'. 

torana68

Oscar, work interrupts play way too often sometimes, I didnt photograph the Porsches nor the Mini contingent, I have no interest in them and was in a hurry. There was alao a Unimog and I forgot to mention the 116 Wagon from MB Spares. (also BMW's and BMW bikes)
Roger

SELfor50

Un-fortunately peeps, i too was in a mad hurry and only got about 30mins there.  Had to make it to mates BBQ for the Aus V NZ League test, which wasn't really worth rushing off for considering the score line. 58-0!

There were plenty of really nice cars.  Delilah was there (Vince's car from the Bowral drive) and there were many other beautiful examples of superior German Engineering.
I snubbed the Bimmers pretty much but got alot of Merc shots, the "Good" Porsche's, some 'Different' VW's & some PHAT Audi's! (Brand new R8)!  ;D ;D ;D

I did manage to snap bout 70pics and will post up tomoz.
[Watch this space]

Edit: Forgot to mention... was a very small turnout from the 116 Enthusiasts.  1 x 280SE(VERY tidy!) & the MB Spares Wagon.

SELfor50

OK...  Here they all are.

Could take awhile to load...there's a heap of em.

Enjoy.

3 Fav's are the Audi R8, the SL55 & the Audi RS4-V8
And of course the only 116 there... was a nice 280!!

Brian Crump

GR8 photos - thanks.
And even a few G-Wagens for variety  ;D ;D ;D
Regards,
BC

nathan

shit i hate that whilst you were typing, another person posted thing..i just lost my message
anyhow, again, nice pics Cam.
the audi figures seem pretty crap for a top notch audi 309kw and 430Nm from 4000+ rpm?!  i supposed you cant argue with a 4 second dash...

the 6.3 is the best...these dudes must have a financial deathwish!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te