News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

Call out for Wedding Cars - Melbourne - October

Started by SELfor50, 28 June 2011, 06:57 AM

SELfor50

Hey Peeps,

Got a good mate getting married in Melbs in October.

Thought i'd put the call out and see if anyone on here had a nice example of not only a 116 but any other classic, that they might be happy to use for the wedding day in exchange for some beer, a bit of ca$h and me talking sh!t all day.  I think it'd be about a 2-3hr gig with photos and stuff.

The main wedding car is a Jag... so a 6.9 would easily trump it. :)

PM Me if you are at all interested and I can send more details.

carl888

I should be around in late October, dunno yet about the early part of the month, what is the wedding date?  Happy to help with the W116 280 SE if I'm around.  Two conditions:

1. Need to see pics of the brides maids first.
2. If it rains, you have to clean the underside!

Have a tow rope in the car for when the jew canoe packs it in.

Can also offer a tidy W126 as well if that helps. 

Regards,

Carl.

nathan

thats it, im getting married again if i get a chance to drive in carls s-classes
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Big_Richard

Quote from: nathan on 01 July 2011, 08:55 PM
thats it, im getting married again if i get a chance to drive in carls s-classes

Carl may have to be the one you marry to actually get to drive them  8)

johnj

You are welcome to use my 6.9  Just email me   

KenM

Quote from: Major Tom 6.9 on 01 July 2011, 09:04 PM
Quote from: nathan on 01 July 2011, 08:55 PM

Carl may have to be the one you marry to actually get to drive them  8)

I'll be the bridesmaid if I can come too... ;D

carl888

I think the offer of the 6.9 is a good way to up the Jag.  If the groom gets cold feet at the last moment, perhaps he can be whisked away from the church by a young Brigit Bardot look alike in this:

jbrasile

Ahhhh the Ghibli.... without a doubt one of the most beautiful sports cars of all time.... Giugiaro was  indeed inspired when he penned those lines... a friend here in Brazil owns one and a Bora. He says the Ghibli is an extremely difficult and tiresome car to drive, no power steering, heavy controls and tricky handling at the limit, but the performance and feel are awesome, in some ways more fun than the Bora.

Tks,

Joe

Big_Richard

I now see where the 1977 TC isuzu gemini coupe's rear end shape was stolen from  8)

Never have seen a car like that before.

from a certain angle the wheels even look similar to MB bundts  :o

SELfor50

Hahaha....

Thanks fellas. :)

Carl, I'll see if I can get those pics for you... I would think they'll be worthy of your 280. ;)

Thanks also for offer of the 6.9.. that's awesome.

I'll pass it on to my mate.  I've been ear bashing him about using a benz, so hopefully they decide to go with it.  :D

I'll also pass on the offers of additional bridesmaids and drivers..  might be able to just put a few beers on and have a skid show regardless.. whadya reckon?  ;D